What's new

Apex Coilovers which spring rates?

Reaction score
Country
Im looking to replace my advance suspension coilovers on my S15 and was just wondering what spring rates everyone went for?

My car is not daily driven and used maily on the road at weekends but does get driven fairly hard most of the time with some drift action.

The coilovers on my car at the moment I have no idea what spring rates they are but they are super stiff and the car does bounce around a fair bit, the most annoying thing is if I drive off a kerb they are so stiff that one wheel will come of the ground and spin causing me to lose drive and get stuck lol :no:

The only thing worrying me about going softer is tires catching the arches :eek: I dont want something that is going to lean right over when drifting and cause the front tire to slam the arch on full lock :down:

cheers, Nick :)

Reaction score
You want the springs that will bounce the shocks into the nearest river, I have come across about six people who have these and they all knock like **** leak and generally just **** up. Spend a little more and get some higher spec/quality coilovers. all this rebranded copied ****e is a total waste of money.. Just my opinion based on experience...;-)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Everyone says that but I've driven on 8/6 Apex Gen1's for years now and really like them.. They are pretty firm but that's how I like them to be personally.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
and I've got Apex Gen2 5/4 comfy coilovers and they've been good so far