What's new

soooo my knock reading is 59....

Reaction score
Thats not good but I don't think it's high enough to cause the engine to cut - iirc the engine management light on the dash doesn't come on till you hit 80...
How did you find out it was 56?? Have you got a power fc or similar??

Reaction score
For an SR, that's still an acceptable knock reading. It can also mean it's picking up drive train noise as well. If you have a Power FC put it into graph mode and watch the knock levels. If its just a short spike it's nothing to worry about.

Reaction score
Personally I class anything over 30 as an issue, even with nismo engine mounts I've never seen a knock spike attributed to drive train noise - the only people I've known to have that problem were running full poly/solid bushes and really stiff suspension...

drifter

Reaction score
Country
For an SR, that's still an acceptable knock reading. It can also mean it's picking up drive train noise as well. If you have a Power FC put it into graph mode and watch the knock levels. If its just a short spike it's nothing to worry about.
Agreed, you can get the odd spike on the PFC, I keep an eye on the engine management light mainly :)

Reaction score
Personally I class anything over 30 as an issue, even with nismo engine mounts I've never seen a knock spike attributed to drive train noise - the only people I've known to have that problem were running full poly/solid bushes and really stiff suspension...
What is a knock sensor ?..............think about it

Last edited: