What's new

Manifolds, which one to choose???

Reaction score
Country
Ok I'm in need of a new manifold as mine is blowing like a dyson in reverse! Had a little look around but can't decide! To much choice, so I thought I'd post on here to seek the wisdom of the oricals that reside on here!

So thoughts on this one please,:confused:
http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Nissan-Si...s/Nissan-SR20DET-SPEC-T-Manifold/p-34-72-538/

Or any of the others on this website or any other website for that matter.:thumbs:

One more thing turbo elbows, is the one on the site worth getting?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
H-dev mani is a great bit of kit I have a tomei expreme elbow on mine and the quality is 2nd to none!!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The H dev is a copy of the Tomei. If you compare them side by side you will see why the Tomei is 2x the cost... because it is 10x the quality.

Do it once and do it right :)

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't realise they were considered inferior quality. I thought they were meant to better than most??

The H dev is a copy of the Tomei. If you compare them side by side you will see why the Tomei is 2x the cost... because it is 10x the quality.

Do it once and do it right :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
They are much better than most h dev mani's have a very low percentage of failure, tOmei is good but I have seen their mani's crack too and @ £500 they ain't cheap!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you compare a H Dev to a tomei you'll see exactly what I mean.. Basically Chinese v Japanese quality. The H Dev works well because it's a copy of the Tomei, just lacks the quality.

When manifolds and elbows crack it's often got something to do with the exhaust not having a flexi section, or not having the bracing that it should.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
For example..

H Dev

Tomei

And you dont get just the manifold from Tomei, you get all of this..

'Nuff said?!

TBF, the H Dev is certainly the best of the cheap ones though.

Reaction score
Country
I agree entirely with craig The quality is second to none I have tomei mani/elbow fitted to mine brilliant kit:thumbs::smitten:

Reaction score
Hi-dev are so ****e they should be ashamed of themselves for selling them, there is NO quality in them utter ****e. the Tomei is as everyone said superb I have one on mine I managed to get the Tomei Expreme manifold and elbow for 180 quid.
Buy second hand Japanese rather than new copied stuff.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
I had some H-Dev decats on my old 350Z and TBH I wouldn't use them again. Cheap? Yeah. Quality Parts? No.

Reaction score
Country
Well time was a ticken and I didn't have the funds for the tomei one so I went for the h-dev!! Just been delivered today ant to be honest if I wasn't short on funds and time I'd send it back!! Shocking quality! Cylender end it's not to bad but the other end is shocking to be frank! I'll post a pic in the morning but it's going to need an hour or two withe the dremmel to remove the excess weld and excess pipe that should have been cut away before welding! My recommendation is: just brought one, don't buy one!

Reaction score
I see a lot of manifolds through my job, as most people are too lazy to take their turbo's off of them and because we're thorough with how we do things, we check the faces on the manifolds. I've not seen one cheap chinese manfold that is straight on the mating faces. This is the reason so many people have blowing gaskets, they're like a banana. this is quite clearly how they are supplied as the distortion I've witnessed is obviously from initial manufacture.

Reaction score
Country
I'd like to say that I had a Tomei manifold on my last car and I loved the quality of it so much that I bought another one for my future car.

Spend money once and enjoy rather then trying to save and having to do things twice (or make costly repairs)...