What's new

urgent help needed had an accident

K

kieran

ok need to know some info last night went to the local jap meet @ blue water, was going up the ramps on the multi story car park turned right into the next level as rounded the corner the car park was in darkness, but only at our end, only thing i saw was the marking on the road to turn right to carry on up (lights where on) as i followed the arrow on the floor bearing in mind its a sharp turn i was in first gear at no more than 5-10 mph BANG! there was a high kerb that appears to be there for no reason no markings on ti to show its there and obviously the car park lights at that end not being on i didnt see it :mad: pulled over after driving over the kerb takes a look, there is a very small nick in the wheel this shows how slow i was going so i was feeling ok thought id live with it then as i peer under the car :eek: the chassis rail that follows under the car completely flattened this is the box section part under your seat and goes nearly the lenght of the floor of the car also cracked the front wing :mad: then noticed the steering rack arm is bent :mad: :mad: :mad:

so my question for those techys out there
1) can you get just the arm that comes out of the rack to replace the bent item?
2)does nissan list this chassis rail as a sepperate part? looks like its spot welded in place so easily changed
3) part numbers?

gonna write a letter to bluewater to make a claim seems perfectly feesable that due to the dangerous condition of the car park that there is some liability.

thanks in advance,
kieran

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nooo :cry:
Cant' check FAST becuase I'm at work.
I hope that the parking garage owners compensates you.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:(

I can't check FAST today either. The parts questions (except part numbers) could probably be answered on SXOC, as they will be similar, if not the same as the S14...

K

kieran

no worries guys gonnna drop into nissan today good help me to see what they say ill report back tonight. illl try get some picks cant believe the damage for the speed i was doing, really didnt think it would have been anything else other than rim damage :cry:

K

kieran

been to my local repair shop which is subbed out to toyota for any local nissan repairs :confused: the guys there were very helpful, put the car up on the ramp :cry:
damage is;

the box section under the car needs to be completely replaced, and a minor repair to the floor pan
track rod end bar unknown if can be replaced by itself yet instead of complete rack?
wheel as small dent in it
wheel now rubs on suspension? could this be bent shock/coilover?
full wheel alignment set up

im dreading the bill, infact quite scared lol got some pics on camera phone going out to get a blue tooth dongle for the computer later so i can post them up :thumbs:

D

Derek

the box section under car isn't important i would say.. Its just a length of light box section. AS for other things they are. Sorry to hear that happened lad.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ah thats sh!t dude.

Part of the box sections on my car are flattened at the rear, looks more like someone has tried to jack it up using them :rolleyes:

Hope you get it sorted, cheaply :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Here is Kierans photos.

wheel damage

parking garage

box thingie damaged side

box thingie damaged side

box thingie undamaged side

Steering thingie damaged side

Steering thingie undamaged side

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ouch, that looks a sore one :nod:

Cant see what you hit, which i guess is why you hit it. My Chassis rails are no-where near as bad as those, almost squashed your brake pipes :eek:

K

kieran

as you can see from the wheel hardly any damage this shows how slow i was going :rant:

from the ca park pic you can make out the sign on the floor ppointing right wel where it poitns rigt is a kerb that runs the same lenght as the ne on the left why its there is beyond me and why have a sign on the floor at that point is beyond me to think i have a good case :cry:

very nearly took my brake lines out but not quite, noone seems to be able to tel me yet if and how repairable it will be waiting for nissan qoute but am already writting my very detailed and at this moment calm letter to the car park owners............i wait with baited breath

thanks yakozan for posting pic fella much appreciated.

god news is the bent steering arm is available seperatly so no new rack required after that car is drivable again, spending the day today putting on the rest of my toys and fixing what i can, just about to dismante the coilover to check for any damage :mad:

K

kieran

thanks everyone :thumbs:

whatever happens the car WILL be repaired and properly, the part under the car is clearly spot welding in so can be removed if one is available to go in its place, if not then i know a very very high quality fabricator that could make one for me tbh id rather an original part though which i what ill aim for, ill keep you all posted with pics of repairs im intreaged as to how it will b done myself :thumbs:

S

Speedy

The damage looks severe for the speed being travelled im sorry to see it :( To bend a steering arm like that must have been such an abrupt shock to the wheel. Hope it all gets sorted and with minimum cost.