What's new

battery tray

Reaction score
well gays

I just finished moving my battery to the boot and the fuse box in the bay inside the car, anyway im thinking of
removing the tray the battery sits on, is it a case of just cutting it out? has anyone done this?

paddy

drifter

Reaction score
Country
It's not that easy to remove, but can be done. Look closely and you'll see loads of spot welds :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I was going to do this too if/when I move the battery as it will be pointless and look ugly. Just be very careful with the grinder!

Reaction score
Ah yeah il take it handy, has anyone welded up all all the holes in the bay whats it like to weld seems fare tin metal,
ive a load after movin the fuse box too

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If you drill the spot welds just enough to break the edges of the weld and only go through the tray then you should be able to file the rest of the spot weld down rather than weld the holes up... I rubbed the tray down to get rid of any rust stains where the battery was, made a template from card and cut out some chequerplate. Then painted the tray hammerite black and bonded the plate on with sikaflex. It does look smart and if you relocate your battery would make a nice little spot for a catch tank or small washer bottle etc.... There is a pic HERE in post 305 if you're interested mate :)