What's new

motor/engine mounts recommendation

Reaction score
im looking to replace the motor mounts, but seeing how my s15 is a daily driver, i prefer not to have excessive rattling at idle. That being said, i dont need the mounts to be completely rattle-free (aka i dont want oem mounts).

Im aware that nismo mounts probably meet this description, but ive read that nismo mounts raise the engine a tad, and i want something that retains oem height or goes lower.

Thanks in advance!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Apex street mounts are Nismo equivilant but stock height, Ok just seen your in Japan, apex are a uk company! But There must be tons of aftermarket ones there!

Reaction score
Country
I ran Cusco motor mounts in mine... made a world of difference!! Quite hard/pricey but as long as all your interior is screwed in tight you shouldn't have a problem.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I ran Cusco motor mounts in mine... made a world of difference!! Quite hard/pricey but as long as all your interior is screwed in tight you shouldn't have a problem.
He's alive!!! Hi James!!!! :rotfl: :wave:

I've only ever seen Nismo and Cusco in terms of JDM engine mounts... over here well all have access to Apex, Japspeed etc. Maybe Hardrace sell them as I had that brand of box mount for my 15 (puchased off dodge Delboy Craig lol) and they were ace quality but not too harsh :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
What about DB-Power engine mounts in terms of NVH level? Polyurethane ones are 30% stiffer than stock, very close to nismo units for less then half the price

Reaction score
For the time being, i decided to go with an engine torque damper, with a polyurethane transmission mount.

As for motor mounts, im actually leaning towards filling in the stock mounts with urethane... not for the cost factor, but for NVH.