What's new

best oil?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm not being funny but this question has been asked so many times before.. Just look back through the section or search for it

:)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I run 5w 40 Mobil one fully synthetic in winter, and sometimes 10 40 in summer. But tbh we don't have hot enough summers for 10w on a daily. On tracked cars then 10w 50 will be good enough.

Reaction score
Country
just been recommended 10w 50 by opie oils, gone for the Millers Nanodrive. :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
i was recommended 5w30 by opie and after some comments got back onto them to check it was correct...need to send it back now :(

GTuned

Reaction score
Country
Just tried HKS 10W55 today.. car seems quite smooth afterwards actually..

Reaction score
Country
Halfords motorsport 5w50 fully synth - cheapness at £25 for 5l. Even used a litre to flush out the old stuff :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Its simple, brands dont matter its how often you change it and the additives it has like for high revving high temp conditions.
Your car will be perfectly fine in sticking to exactly what nissan recommend in the cars manual as that viscosity will ensure least wear for the majority of the engines life.
A lot of people rave on about fully synthetic but you can have mineral oils which are much better at protecting your engine, F/S only lasts longer, but really how long should you leave your oil? depends on your style of driving , the more you thrash it the more you should change your oil.

B

blade3609

Is it ok to use Valvoline 10 - 40 fully synthetic and lucas pure synthetic oil treatment mixed in my silvia s15 spec r?