What's new

New Intercooler And BOV

M

matt_S15

Hi i was just after suggestions as to what intercooler and also BOV that you guys would recommend i get for my 01 S15

Cheers Matt...

Reaction score
Greddy/Trust, Hybrid or PWR are popular quality cooler's here in Aus. I've had the Greddy unit for 8 years with no issues.

BOV's Turbo Smart or GFB make good plumb backs. Iv'e modified my stock and it works fine.

M

matt_S15

hi auss15 thanks for the reply
i was thinking greddy i just wanted to get some opinions of what everbody was running...
as for bov'S i heard gfb was the way to go i think ill go with there stealth model... opinions would be greatly appreciated..

M

matt_S15

actually just seen the deceptor pro im thinking i might get that now has anyone had any experience with these??

Reaction score
I had the GFB Stealth for a while and the great thing about it was it fitted on the stock mount under the fuse box with the stock plumbing. It's easy to adjust.

M

matt_S15

If you have a smaller battery you can turn it sideways, otherwise have to re locate it :)
ok cool... is there much involved in moving the battery?? and as for a smaller battery what size woukd be the smallest to go to??

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
its better to just relocate the battery dude, smaller batteries are crap, when is come to battery's bigger is definitely better. got the small one on mine, i work away from home and its always dead after a week or not being driven. relocate it. better for wieght distribution and tidies the engine bay up. you can get smaller washer bottle in the place of the battery too, as many inter-cooler kits run a pipe where one of the mounts for the oem washer bottle is.

M

matt_S15

its better to just relocate the battery dude, smaller batteries are crap, when is come to battery's bigger is definitely better. got the small one on mine, i work away from home and its always dead after a week or not being driven. relocate it. better for wieght distribution and tidies the engine bay up. you can get smaller washer bottle in the place of the battery too, as many inter-cooler kits run a pipe where one of the mounts for the oem washer bottle is.
hey mattyb cheers for the input.. i was wondering if you could offer some advice on what is envolved in moving the battery and where is the best place to actually move it to?? pics would be greatly appreciated

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a GKTech front mount. The bonus with this is you don't have to cut holes in the car, keep the standard size batter and it looks stock. There are some other that are running the intercooler directly in front of the radiator and don't require any cutting at all. The only thing is you will have to change to electric fans as the clutch fan won't fit.

As for a blow off valve, I use a GFB, but a modified standard one is just as good for recirc. If you want to go vent to atmosphere, then that is a different story.