What's new

Next mods???

Reaction score
Country
bought a spec r jdm just has a turbo back exaust thats pretty much it.

THINGS I BOUGHT SO FAR THAT NEED TO BE INSTALLED

HKS SUCTION RELOADED KIT
HKS EVC-S BOOST CONTROLLER
HKS TURBO TIMER

factory boost (.7 highest)

am wondering what fuel pump I should buy or if is needed if im going to increase boost

and was looking for a FMIC but so much to choose from!

I NEED MORE POWER!! :thumbs:

feels slow atm :annoyed:

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Definitely get a fuel pump in there if you're upping the boost, most use a Walbro 255 :) I'd also get some colder rated plugs, I use NGK BKR7EIX. I ran mine at 1bar with no issues :)

Reaction score
Country
Mm nice will put them on next shopping list !
How much power you getting
And mods?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Autobahn88 is a very good well priced fmic,don't need to cut the bumper to fit it and has very low pressure drop compared to a lot of other fmic's.
Rough guide to the power you can expect
Stage 2 - 280-300bhp
Free flow air filter
Free flow exhaust
Uprated fuel pump
Boost controller to acheive 1.1-1.2 bar boost pressure
Fmic
Cooler spark plugs
Super unleaded fuel
Custom ECU remap

Reaction score
Country
Hello mate, suggest you plan your target power 1st. Its easy to buy and then find out, you needed more. Thats going to be money down the drain.

Reaction score
Country
Prolly the most i can get without having to upgrade turbo im guessing 350-400bhp?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Prolly the most i can get without having to upgrade turbo im guessing 350-400bhp?
Standard turbo will run out of puff well before then, low 300's. For that sort of power I'd be getting a GT2871R :)

Reaction score
Country
hmm think ill outpuff the standard turbo and then upgrade if needed and $$ left lol found autobahn88 for 430 AUD so tempted to buy!

Reaction score
Country
Autobahn88 is a very good well priced fmic,don't need to cut the bumper to fit it and has very low pressure drop compared to a lot of other fmic's.
am about to purchase one what u think of it
he quality and fitment of this kit is similar to much more expensive fmic's on the market like Greddy, Blitz, HKS and even APS.

In most cases this front mount intercooler is larger and more efficient than the rest.
For those who want a comparison for fitting, the ab88 kit is identical to the Greddy kit.

Key features and benefits:

- Size: 600 x 300 x 76mm
- Fully polished side tanks
- Tabs on bottom and top for easy installation
- Improved Tube and Fin to increase performance efficiency by 15% over the old bar and plate design
- Intercooler inlet/outlet size: 2.5 inch O/D
- Supports 650HP max
- Fully polished alloy intercooler
- Ultra low intercooler pressure drop: 0.5-1psi at 23psi (normal bar and plate intercooler is 2.8- 4 psi at 23 psi)
- 35 % weight reduction compared to bar and plate type intercooler
- ABS and air conditioning do no not need to be relocated or removed
- Only ~9KG in total weight for the full kit
- Mikalor clamps included, absolutely NO jubilee clamps
- Full installation kit is included in the price, including mounting brackets, silicone hoses, nuts, bolts, washers, pipe work and intercoolerhe quality and fitment of this kit is similar to much more expensive fmic's on the market like Greddy, Blitz, HKS and even APS.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Mm nice will put them on next shopping list !
How much power you getting
And mods?
Sorry missed this, I've got a thread on another forum, main spec is...

AP Tuning Stage 2a engine
Lightened and balanced, HKS pistons,Pauter Rods, HKS MHG, ARP main and head bolts, rocker arm stoppers,Ferrea valve spring kit, Tomie Procam 270's, Tomei sprockets.
Homemade copy of a Greddy manifold
Garrett GTX3071 with 0.64 Tial V bandhousing
Tial 38mm MVS wastegate
Homemade 3” front pipe
Apex 3” decat silencer
Apexi GT Spec cat back
Greddy short port inlet manifold
70mm throttle
FMIC
Mazworx fuel rail on homemade brackets
Injector Dymanics 1000cc
Aeromotive Stealth fuel pump
SARD fuel pressure regulator
Apexi Power FC D-Jetro
Greddy Profec B Spec 2
Defi Oil temp/oil pressure/water temp
PLX devices wideband
Driftworks Suzuka seats and rails
Luke 4 point harnesses
OMP steering wheel with DW quickrelease on HKB boss
OS Giken STR2CD twin plate clutch
Z32 gearbox conversion
Hellical diff with 4.086 final drive
Apex coilovers
Godspeed ARB's
Apex adjustable arms
K Sport 356mm front brakes
R33 GTR Brembo rear brakes
Rays/Volks TE37 17" alloys

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yes 300+ for stock turbo. Wonder if there is any harm to go 1000cc injectors and a 300+ lph fuel pump (automotive stealth). At least they are usable should u want more later on.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Fuel pump is no different to fitting a Walbro, just costs a lot more to buy it :) Fitting 1000cc injectors is not easy, well I say that, it can be done easily if you use cheapo 1000cc side feeds which are ****e. Best bet is top feeds which means new fuel rail, fuel lines, regulator and either change the inlet manifold completely or add a spacer plate to make room :) Unless you're going for 500bhp stick to Nismo 740's :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm running the same injectors as Drifter and there is absolutely no need for them unless you're aiming for 500+bhp. I will say this though, don't waste you're time with 550cc injectors, just go for 740cc Nismo's as they'll be perfect for anything from 330bhp to 450bhp

Reaction score
Country
What are the main advantages of going top feed? I wanted to go top feed, was told fuel rail could fit, then found out the injectors are actually side feed. Fuel rail still fits though. But why the heck would anyone make side feed rails then...
Just want to know what I am missing out on.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
You only need top feed when you need anything bigger than 740cc imo. Nismo 740's are top notch, but most side feeds that are larger than that are reworked to inject more fuel which means you get really poor spray patterns. Top feed fuel rails can fit with a standard plenum, but you need to modify the idle control valve and add a spacer plate between the upper and lower manifold to make space. You won't see any advantage over using top feeds instead of side feeds :) As for uprated fuel rails for the side feed injectors, can't see the point tbh :) Alot of the kits ou see on Ebay for top feed injectors with the rail and fittings don't fit our SR, the one I bought didn't even have the right spacings for the injectors...