What's new

Need help.. loose diff mount?

P

P41NU5

Hi,

I'm new to the s15 world, having recently purchased a 02 spec S with the normal bolt ons, front mount, coil overs etc

I LOVE it! but I am worried about a potential loose/worn/perished rear diff mount..It makes a small clunk at the back every now and then when i put it in gear from stationary at idle, without taking my foot off the clutch. nothing too scary, as if its going into gear and the diff is maybe moving? It drives fine and there are no noises from the gearbox that I am aware of..

Secondly sometimes when I'm downshifting into second at relative low revs it will grind for a second and go into gear... if i beatmatch or give it a quick rev between 3rd and second its fine..any ideas?

Just wanted to know if these were common gearbox/diff issues with s15's.

Any help would be much appreciated, love all the info available on these forums btw :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Sounds like your cluth is worn and dragging. So basically when you put it into gear from idle, with your foot fully down, the clutch isn't fully disengaged so you are essentially putting into gear without a clutch.

Same reason really for it catching inbetween gears.

P

P41NU5

really? I'll pay close attention to the clutch, might even adjust the pedal, see if that changes anything....thanks for your help!