What's new

What BOV do you have and why?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have a GFB adjustable, If I knew then what I know now, I would have modifed the factory one and left it at that.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I have an R-Spec recirc valve as it was half the price of a Greddy one and looks and does the same job.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
how and why did you find modifying stock bov works better than aftermarket?? very interested...
The spring is just the right tension,not to stiff like some aftermarket ones which can slow the recirculated air returning to the intake and cause overfueling (which I had) and not to soft, ending up leaking boost pressure. Less fully sik flutter as well

Reaction score
Country
Can you guys explain to me what damage can occur with AFM cars using atmospheric BOV's?

Because the AFM will read a certain amount of oxygen entering the intake and then some of that is removed via the atmo BOV, closed throttle will result in over fuelling correct? I assume this has the potential to damage spark plugs, catalytic converters and o2 sensors over an extended time? The AFR would also be running a little rich which I understand won't damage your engine, but isn't great for fuel economy or optimum power? Have I missed anything?

I

Infidel

No that's pretty much all of it in a nut shell.
Plus is Aus its illegal to have a VTA blow off. Get a diverter valve and a custom or branded inudction box. So you still get a nice sounds with no issues with overfueling or cops!