Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked
    Good work! Looking forward to results

Have you changed / modified the starter motor at all?

Liked
    Awesome progress thread

S14a Track Machine Progress Thread >> Click Here <<

STF515 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbooter View Post
    Good work! Looking forward to results

Have you changed / modified the starter motor at all?
    Hi, I am still using the original starter, there is a mount on the adapter plate. This is perhaps the only thing I dont really like about this adapter - to remove the starter, the gearbox must be removed. You can see it mounted next to the crank in this pic, and also how much bigger the bolt pattern is on the Z33 gearbox.

Peace and hugs
    Steph

STF515 Guest
    Well I can safely say - IT FITS!!!! woop woop. No pics yet, I had to do some slight massaging of the tunnel, only at the front, for 2 bolt points, and this was mainly due the the thickness of my twinplate - with a standard h/d clutch it should be fine. around the transmission mount is TIGHT, but does fit ok, only needing a washer on each bolt to space it down to clear ok. The shifter sits back about 50mm, and will require some metal cutting, but other than that, it all seems pretty good

I will try and get some pics next week, I have to pull it back out to change the throwout carrier - its too short atm.

meddler is offline It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
    This is meddler's Country Flag (Australia)
    Liked
    so could you fit this without bashing the tunnel? Also could the shoifter be modifed to go through the standard hole? As you may have gathered, I am not too keen on cutting holes in the car.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

If you use text speak on this forum you WILL get an infraction.

Believe it or not, what has a 'h' in it and you is not spelt 'u'

Forum Rules | For Sale Rules | Useful Threads | IRC Chat channel is now closed

Thought for the day: Get a spell checker!!! READ THE F!@#ING RULES.

STF515 Guest
    Hi Meddler, I reckon it will fit without massaging the tunnel with a standard heavy duty clutch. I only had to move a small part of the tunnel about 10mm, not noticeable in the car at all, this was only to get it to go in, once it is bolted up there is heaps of room. As for the cutting of the tunnel hole for the shifter to come thru, I dont think you would be able to, without moving the engine forward (this wouldn't be too hard).

I should see some more bits tomorrow, so might try and get it looking a bit more complete tomorrow night after work.
    Any more questions, just let me know

Steph

meddler is offline It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
    This is meddler's Country Flag (Australia)
    Liked
    cool... Will be interested to see more pics.

Actually, it would be good if you could get a pic of how the shifter is connected to the box. It seems there is a linkage involved. Just trying to get my head around the complete install.

Thanks for the info.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

If you use text speak on this forum you WILL get an infraction.

Believe it or not, what has a 'h' in it and you is not spelt 'u'

Forum Rules | For Sale Rules | Useful Threads | IRC Chat channel is now closed

Thought for the day: Get a spell checker!!! READ THE F!@#ING RULES.

SamB87 Guest
    Nice going Steph. I pretty much joined up here because someone linked me to this thread since I just scored a Z33 6-speed for $1k. Can't wait to attack mine like you have yours, although I'm going down the cut and shut bell housing route rather than the adapter plate.

Just can't get my head around what you've done with the flywheel. I'll be getting a Nismo twin plate clutch brand new, so should I just go S13/14 or get the 15 model and get another flywheel to mod?

STF515 Guest
    You will need an S13/14 clutch/flywheel setup, the S15 dual mass replacement sits into the bellhousing too far, and would stop the box from sitting against the bellhousing. The reason I did the custom flywheel was the fact that you cant buy an ORC flywheel on its own, and my twinplate is only 10k km old.

As well as the bellhousing cut/shut, you will need to shorten the shifter bracket and rod, I will take some pictures when I pull it back out tonight. As well as the actual box/shifter assy, you will need the z33 throwout carrier - its longer, and the tailshaft slip yoke, I have been unable to find one aftermarket, and genuine you need to buy a complete tailshaft.

I hope that helps, there will be a heap of fitment pics taken tonight, I will upload them on the weekend. I am glad this thread is helping people

Steph

Liked
    Did you manage to get any pics of the install after Steph, this thread is making me want to do the same conversion!!!