What's new

What EBC to get?

Reaction score
Country
Right guys I got my insurance through soon and once that's all sorted I'm lookin into getting a electric boost controller and getting it mapped but I don't want to spend stupid amounts on one and I don't want to be too cheap either so what do you guys recommend ?

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Country
HKS EVC-S are ment to be the dogs! £300 so not the cheapest but not the most expensive either :) it is also the same size as the HKS Type O turbo timer so they are super small and have all the things you need to set and monitor. This is what I'm going for anyway as I have heard so many people say good thing about them.

Reaction score
Iv'e been using the Blitz DSBC for 5 years and have been very impressed how well it holds boost right through to the rev limiter.

Never had any issues with it as well.

Reaction score
Country
Ditto! I had a Blitz ID EBC on my last car, and I loved it so much, I scooped it up again for my next ride.

I have friends who own the HKS EVC S (And the 6). They hold boost well, and are easy to use. I would buy one if I didn't already own the Blitz.

As to where to buy one...Online venders like RHD Japan or Nengun can help you out.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Probably going to go for the HKS EVC-S in a few months. Hate the massive ones like the avc-r etc.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for all the advice guys il check them all out an see which takes my fancy haha :)

Reaction score
Country
I would also recommend taking a look at the HDI SBC-D controller. They're a very cheap and simple electronic controller. Mine is set and forget - 7psi low and 15psi high. One button to change and don't have to worry about gain, scramble settings etc. :)

Reaction score
Country
I would also recommend taking a look at the HDI SBC-D controller. They're a very cheap and simple electronic controller. Mine is set and forget - 7psi low and 15psi high. One button to change and don't have to worry about gain, scramble settings etc. :)
Dont do it, i have one and they very slow to reach boost, then after a while they start to get confused and cant reach boost then they go over......., i brought on as i was beign a tin arse at the time and should have got the evc s

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
got a blitz sbc i colour r on mine and its freaking brilliant there is literally nothing it cant do. it does everything the run of the mill one do and a lot more its just sweet. but if your not interested in massive functions then i hear a blitz dual sbc is good, but it is 400 pound. i think with boost controllers the best thing you can do is spend as much as you can afford on one, and you wont go wrong.

Reaction score
Country
I did not realise until yesterday that the Nissan ECU controls the boost electronically. Therefore if you are getting remapped it makes more sense to fit a daughterboard that makes the ECU fully programmable, i.e. a nistune. It can then control the stock actuator.

I found this out as I was looking last night on the website of the tuner who fitted a nistune and remapped my primera (SR20 N/A), the video showed a black S14a, the text said it was completely stock apart from a cat-back. first run 174bhp, achieving 0.4bar, text said due to 'a tired actuator' (can't say if this makes sense) - he bumped it up to 0.7 bar via the ECu and remapped it, got to 230bhp. Not bad entirely via the ECU!

Anyway there are several nistune installers in the Uk and I think there are also alternatives to nistune. ( I am not affiliated to them just passing on this info). I woudl guess its more economical than seprately getting an EBC and modifying the ecu.

Reaction score
Country
Dont do it, i have one and they very slow to reach boost, then after a while they start to get confused and cant reach boost then they go over......., i brought on as i was beign a tin arse at the time and should have got the evc s
No problem here spoonman. Mine holds 15psi fine. It ramps up nicely between 2600 & 3500rpm. Granted it is a very basic EBC but that was all I was after. One button to change between high and low boost. Set and forget. :)