What's new

boost control issues

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
i have a tomei arms b7652 turbo on my s15, . im having a bit of an issue with boost controll.
when i turn off my electronic boost controller i am still making 1.1bar of boost by 5000 rpm. with a forge motorsport actuator with 5 - 10 psi spring.

i am getting the car mapped next week, so i need to get this sorted. when it gets mapped i will need to run around 1.3 bar. but at the minute i cant test to see if the car is going to boost over 1.3 bar as it doesn't have a suitable map. ( it will DET )

just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. or has any suggestions as to what i can try.

i have tested the actuator with a foot pump and it is fully open by 10 psi.

so im thinking that the waste gate cant flow enough gas to stop the compressor from producing boost.

i really need to get this sorted by next week.

thanks for reading.

matty

Reaction score
Country
im never owning another EBC, waste of time, (just my opinion ) once you run a upgraded turbo, weld the internal up and just run a external gate to the tarmac, and get the spring to suit your cutoff. This is mostly so you can just get that WAARRRPPPP noise as your boost down the road. and be sure that you are never going to overboost. Run a 46mm Tial or something thats not cheap crap and you will not worry about overboost.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
there are plenty of people that run internal waste gates that don't have over boosting problems. im going to try a few things today. gona try it with the wastegate held open, to see what happens.

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
well god only knows what the problem was with the car over boosting. but its not doing it since i have fitted the horsham developments ecu. and the boost controller even controls the boost now. so its all ready for the remap. cant wait