What's new

niggles to solve after FMIC install

Reaction score
cheers buddy, my pipe work must be slightly different shape to yours, but... it's on now! :D

now gotta order the OEM mesh! :)

and sort the boost problem!!!!! it's annoying not being able to go for it!!!!

idle has sorted itself. think it was probably just the ECU re-learning after the boost pipe came off!!!!

Reaction score
a fair bit ming, i'll get some pictures ones i've washed it all down, it's covered in black sprinkles!

shit the life outa me when it blew off!!! lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It generally does :p I recall I said Mikalors = FT :D

Did the brackets attach in the same place?

If your boost pipes are setup exactly as they were, you shouldn't be getting overboost. The restrictor should stop that...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Try as nicely suggested earlier to T into a intercooler pipe instead.
I didn't have any overboost problems even though I exchanged the restricted pipe.

How high is it boosting now?

Reaction score
it's not into the hot pipe, it's still in the carbon canister, with the restricted pipe.

i ordered a nipple today, so i'll try that.

it's currently running unlimited boost i'd guess.... i've not tried to find out, just when it spools, it does the standard boost gauge in an instant!

and yes, the bottom of the IC mounts where yours does nicely, just had to get some long bolts and "pull" the mounts up!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You shouldn't have any boost control routed via the carbon canister.... :no:

Look at this clearer diagram...

All hoses should be routed EXACTLY as they are in the diagram. The only difference is the hose which used to attach to the IC cold pipe (the big one which used to run across the top of the fan cowling). Until you get the boost nipple, you should T this into the boost hose going to the recirc valve.

You are going to need a few 'straight-through' joiners to sort out the places you've T'd into... :p

Reaction score
the "instructions" shows a picture of T'ing into the carbon canister, the one that flows across the top of the rad'.

either way, till the boost nipple arrives, i can't do nothing.

also, when i get the boost nipple, i still have to use the old pipe, untill i get a boost controller so that the restrictor is still there, correct? :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You can T into the S14 carbon canister, as it has three hoses, one of which is a boost hose. The S15 canister is smaller and only has two hoses, neither of which can be used. Connecting to them causes unrestricted boost. I did this initially with my EBC. Even with the controller off, boost was mental...

The existing hose should reach the nipple if you insert where I did in the photo on the last page.

Reaction score
in the picture, the carbon canister only has 2 hoses off, which is what made me think it was correct.

ahh well, the car is driveable, just can't wait till the nipple arrives and i can actually drive my car again rather than tootle about worrying that if i was to heavy footed it could all go wrong!

spools EXTREMELY fast though! LOL i want it to spool like that all the time!!! LOL

Reaction score
everything solved!! :D

temp' fixed the boost problem with Ting into the BOV re-circ' valve..... but that's now all been changed and i've got the boost nipple on! :D

back to a fun car again. quick wash and i'll get some quick pictures! :)

standard OEM areo mesh ordered too, just waitin' for it to leave japan! :D

cheers everyone! :D