What's new

10mm hub centric spacers

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
hey all. i need a set of 10mm hub centric wheel spacers for my s15, any one know where is best to get them from (cant see them in dw shop) and do i need longer studs for 10mm and how easy or hard are the studs to change.

thanks

matty

Reaction score
Country
Good luck finding 10mm thats hub-centric you can get 8 or 15 20 25 30 .... if you cant find any just get hub-centric rings to put in afterward, but maybe thats just my part of the world,

unless you get a spacer like this you will need longer studs. http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1446

Studs are easy to change, just remove the caliper and disk, then put a wheel nut (one you dont want to keep), onto the stud and smash it with a hammer, it will just fall out the back, remember when putting in new studs that you will have to tighten them with a torque wrench to about 120nm then do it again after a few hours driving then again after another few hours driving as you need to wedge the head back in tight as, you dont want to try to pull them into there seat by tightening them with something like a large extension bar on a ratchet, as you will just weaken the stud by stretching it, after a short while they bed in nice and tight.

With a wheel nut you want to have at least 7 rotations on it.

Also with the studs out this a really good time to clean the mating surfaces of the hub, the inside of the hat on the disk and the outside, if you wheels have a build up on the inside of them where they touch the disk clean them up also, simple job to do with a wire bristle disk that goes into a drill or something like that, this will remove alot of wheel (steering) vibration as the wheels will spin more true.

Last edited:

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
spot on will do dude, thanks for the info. 8mm spacers will do fine. so ill have a look for them, cheers

Reaction score
Country
Try and get some with studs built into the spacer, I havent got any myself but watched a mate fit some the other day and it looks so easy :thumbs:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I have super long extended studs in front and rear and am struggling to find 10mm hubcentrics, most of the 15-20's have built in studs but I don't want these as they seem alot weaker! My thinking is can you just remove these studs and use them as normal hubcentric slip on spacers?

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
s15 sam - do you know what studs i need as there are different sizes of splines and number of splines. also where did you get yours from. cheers

H & R DO hub centric 10mm spacers.