What's new

my FMIC arrived...(quick answer needed! :))

Reaction score
... but what i'm wantin' to know is,.... do i need the "T" pice and "nipple" that came in the "Fitting kit"? if so, where do these go? i already have a FMIC in the "induction system"! cheers!

it's a greddy type M btw! :)

Reaction score
ahh, gotcha.... so because my BOV is already installed, i've just got to move it into the hard pipe and leave it plumbed in as it i?:)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod:

If you install an EBC, use the nipple to form a take-off on the hotpipe side. EBC hoses should be as short as possible.

Reaction score
marvelous, cheers bud.

also theres some black brackets in the bag, i'm assuming they're for remounting the washer bottle on the S14?

if i weren't drunk last night, maybe i'd have remembered to ask all these questions in one go! haha!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Jono said:
"Less Booze... More Boost" as a very wise man once said!
:) :wave:

I havn't been drunk for several weeks now :) (been sick).
And my economy is slowly starting to sort itself out (no more parts for the S15).

What does the brackets look like?
There should be 3 or 4 brackets for the FMIC itself. 2 at the bottom and 1 or 2 at the top.

If there are other brackets included they could be for the washer bottle (which you have to paint black :D ). But I havn't seen a kit with new bottle brackets included.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
As the kit is almost identical to the Apex Type 1 kit, I'd say the brackets will be for the washer bottle....
You got new brackets for the washer bottle?

I turned my 90 degrees and used zip-ties :eek:
It's still there :)

PS. used alot of zip-ties just in case :thumbs:

P

pikie

i am thinking about getting a fmic kit has anyone posted how to or what has to be done to make pipeing and cooler fit? do you have any photos of your kits finished?

Reaction score
personally though, i'd save yourself the hassle of custom pipes, and just buy a kit that's already on the market! :)

P

pikie

hi thanks for the links i found my answer i am not keen to make any holes on this car :(

im not planning to make a kit, i just want some pics of what has to be modded on the s15 for the kits out there to fit, as there is talk of moving washer bottles and fitting smaller batterys and cutting holes bigger and im trying to work out what exactly is involved and if i want to make these changes as my car is in mint stock condtion at the moment.

Are there any kits / coolers out there that fit in the stock pos but are alot better or kits that use the stock engine bay plumbing and just change from the headlight down? i just cannot bring myself to cut holes in this car just yet. that's what s12's and 86's are for.

i can always set up water injection or co2 kit.

Reaction score
ring apex, and get a type 2 cooler kit then... pipe work uses stock holes.

although, i wouldn't let the battery try drilling put you off, it's only a flat sheet of metal!

V

Vandal

Pikie, Arc make a fmic (turnflow) that follows the stock piping route. They are 540x240x70. About $1000 from Nengun delivered.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lol at Daz! You keep forgetting that some guys are in Oz and NZ. They can get hold of far more S14/15 kit locally for a fraction of the price we pay in the UK...

Reaction score
ture,.... but i was just goin' by the Ascot part.... not thinkin' auz...

althouh, even though we're in uk... i'd probably still look to buying from that side of the world, and ship round! LOL