What's new

Brand new owner from NZ

Reaction score
Country
Hey all. I finally got my hands on an s15. I feel like I'm dreaming. These babies have been on my mind for the past few months and now I have one all of my own. She has a few wee niggles that need to be ironed out but that'll happen in due course. Here's a couple of pics I took today

She's originally a Spec S automatic but it now has an S14 Facelift SR20DET and manual transmission dropped in. She goes like a dream. Just needs a bit of a clutch adjustment, windscreen washers aren't working, Air con isn't working and the rear windscreen wiper needs to go IMO :down:. Other than that, I love it!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Nice car. Welcome.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks. Oh yea and I forgot to mention, it has a pretty nasty crack in the front bumper :( hope it can be plastic welded

Reaction score
Country
Hi great looking car, welcome to the forum, since its a DETed spec S can i please recommend you brace the crap out of it. Ive owned both variations and the spec s body flexes like a rubber-band compared to the spec r, as for the windscreen washers can you hear the motor going when you pull the lever in?

Reaction score
Country
Hi great looking car, welcome to the forum, since its a DETed spec S can i please recommend you brace the crap out of it. Ive owned both variations and the spec s body flexes like a rubber-band compared to the spec r, as for the windscreen washers can you hear the motor going when you pull the lever in?
What types of braces and in what places do you recommend?

I sorted the washers out. Sometimes I think I should be an engineer. You see, apparently you need water in the resovoir for it to work :p

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
lol. There is a thread on here somewhere about the spec R bracing. It will tell you all the bits that the spec S missed out on. If you can't get that stuff, you can alway have a look at the ultra racing bracing.

Reaction score
Country
What types of braces and in what places do you recommend?

I sorted the washers out. Sometimes I think I should be an engineer. You see, apparently you need water in the resovoir for it to work :p
crack up, i worked with a guy who was into motorbikes and he had a problem one day, it wouldn't start. So he pulled the engine completely apart to find the problem, then he realized the fuel tank was empty.....

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
That's the thread I was thinking of. I am sure there are some pics of the bracing around as well.

Reaction score
Country
crack up, i worked with a guy who was into motorbikes and he had a problem one day, it wouldn't start. So he pulled the engine completely apart to find the problem, then he realized the fuel tank was empty.....
Haha yea, bro. I nearly fell victim to that one in my previous car too. Cheers for the link.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ahh. fair enough.

Reaction score
Country
shall i just put up a thread just about the bracing info and pics, could you stick it in the useful section chris? as this gets asked all the time?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Yeah mate that would be awesome if you have time to do it.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
rofl.... will do. :)

another job for [insert superhero theme music] anti-text-speak man!!!

Reaction score
Country
Nah all good. I'm glad my car could be the spark that ignited a fury of writing on such a topic :)