What's new

first S chassis

Reaction score
Country
whats up. Im Aaron and I live in Okinawa Japan. Sold my vip platform and picked up a na auto s15. Im looking into doing some upgrades after I get back from my deployment. So far I picked up some wheels and swapped to 4 lug ( due to the wheels I picked up) yea many say thats dumb but i got a steal on some aggressive wheels that i dont feel like parting with. Ill be doing the sr20det swap soon, but will probably work the transmission/suspension/fender work first. I hope to help with input on this site, and hopefully can pull some good info out of it as well.

my baby I sold

Reaction score
Country
hi welcome i take it the lux-o-barge in the bottom pic was 1uz powered? Great if yes mate has a celsior with the V8 awesome cruisers

Reaction score
Country
yea it was 1uz. Rode like a dream and was awsome inside, but was a gas guzzler. Then I came across the s15 everything stock and never been abused, but if I told you guys what I paid for it, there may be some jealousy. The previous owner was leaving Japan and just gave it to me. :)

Reaction score
Country
So I ended up picking up a s14 sr20det donor car. Ill be doing the swap this weekend, people seem to be scared of this swap for some reason unless theres something I dont know. Anyone have any good info on the wiring plugs that ill have to repin or any electrical input. As you can see ive got the ssr mounted on 10J -1et all around :) I just bought some front 35mm fenders as well.

Reaction score
Country
thats just an old dealer sticker that never got removed

Reaction score
Country
if the sr20det is from a s14a (kouki) then is pretty simple job, just few wires that needs to be switched over (vtc, in some cases fuel pump, waste gate control valve if you going to keep it and nothing more if i recall correctly). Don't remember if anything else is needed.

Reaction score
Country
its zenki i dont recall if the s14 has abs, that may be an issue

Reaction score
Country
nope, you don't need to take the dashboard out, but if it is a sr20det zenki is going to need a bit more work i believe, nothing major though.

Reaction score
Country
Mm I see. Did you need diagrams when you did your swap? My buddy that Is helping me did a sr20det into his na s14 but not sure if it will likely be the same

Reaction score
Country
you'll definitely need both engine ecu pin out and F4 connector pin out to make sure you wire everything good, considering you are going to put a zenki motor on it.

Reaction score
Country
well i had a few people here that were suppose to help me with the wiring but they fell through, so i went ahead and bought a spec r harness, ecu, coil packs, and maf. should be plug and play

Reaction score
You can also put the inlet cam from the SR20de into the SR20det as it slightly higher lift its a popular mod I seem to believe from reading a few threads on zilvia.net.. Do a bit of research though as I'm only going from what Iv'e read a few times..
Good luck with it chap...

Reaction score
Country
hmm ill have to look into it. got started on her today, but i need to pick a few things up from the store tomorrow (diff gasket, trans shifter gasket, and the moldin that goes around the shifter since how I cant use the auto one. Ill finish up on Tuesday, still have to cut the fmic piping holes, mount the new front fenders, install the diff and suspension and get the engine running. anyone have any good input on lug nut color? also anyone have a lip they want to sell?

Heres the donor

out with the old

my buddy cutting the master cylinder holes

shell be in the junk yard soon

have to clean that up before it goes in

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
test fit the fenders, not too happy with how they meet up with the pillar, but oh well

Reaction score
Country
This whore wouldnt start today, no spark :( Hopefully I can get it running tomorrow! But at least the engine is in.

Reaction score
Country
engine is running, I had a bad ground. I have to pick up my spec r valve cover tomorrow because the spec r coil packs dont properly fit in the s14 valve cover, plan on changing the clutch tomorrow and finish bleeding it (damn that takes forever!)Picking up my MT shifter boot/cowling on monday. anyone know what driveshaft I can use for this swap? Im currently running the s14 diff and I have no speedo :(

Last edited: