What's new

SR2O's other half...Not an S15...But has an SR20DET :)

L

llama_au

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Juliette and I'm SR2O's other half, and I also love S15's. My car of choice though started out as a grandma-spec slug, 30000000 miles off the ground, hubcaps, a few dents, very plain looking and VERY slow. It ran a PB of a 19.2 second quarter mile - yes, it was was that SLOW.

In the 3+ years I've owned it however it's taken on a slightly different guise, and around the start of next year will have a race auto built for it, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, aftermarket engine management and a new paint job.

Here are some old photos. The car has been off the road for over 3 months now...it destroys transmissions for breakfast (or in real world terms - every 1,500km.) It also has a fairly irritating idle and like to stall when backing off throttle, which I will attempt to fix when it is back on the road reliably. So far it has been entered in one car show and walked away with Most Power in a FWD Forced Induction car, I hope to actually make it worthy of that title at some stage. I'm chasing 200fwkw, at which point I think it would be a good number to stop at. I also have a Skyline, but it's not really that interesting. Look forward to speaking to everyone :)

Car Details: Polar White '98 Nissan N15 Pulsar Series 1 LX Sedan (Turbo)

Performance Modifications:

*Engine/Driveline:
- Avenir PNW10 SR20DET conversion from stock GA16DE, custom wiring harness & new SR20DE engine mounts. Running standard boost, standard Avenir Auto ECU, retaining Air-Con. Rocker Cover sprayed Blue.
- Pulsar N14 JDM SR18DE Auto Transmission with VLSD.
- Aftermarket Auto Transmission Cooler.
- 600x300x76 Hybrid Copy Front Mount Intercooler, custom Stainless Steel piping
- Go Fast Bits StealthFX BOV (Black)
- Custom Pod Box with K&N POD Filter, Battery Tray moved elsewhere in engine bay to suit.
- 3" full Stainless Steel Exhaust, Hi-Flow Cat, Stainless Steel Sports Muffler with Droopy Chrome Tip.

Handling Modifications:

*Suspension:
- Tein Super Street Coilovers with Pillow-Ball Upper Mounts.
- Tein Electronic Damper Force Control on each corner.
- Whiteline Blade Adjustable Rear Swaybar
- Whiteline Adjustable Front Strut Brace (Chrome)
- Whiteline Front Swaybar D-Bushes.
- Whiteline Front Swaybar End-link Bushes.
- B14 Sentra/200sx Adjustable Rear Strut Brace (Chrome)
*Front Brakes:
- GTiR Front Calipers (AD22VF) sprayed gold.
- Bendix Advance Brake Pads.
- DBA Slotted Rotors.

Other Modifications:

*Body:
- N15 S1 SSS Front Bumper (middle insert cut out for FMIC) with black aluminum mesh in brake ducts.
- Topstage S1 Lip.
- ASV N15 (VZ-R Copy) Side Skirts.
- ASV N15 (VZ-R Copy) Sedan Rear Pods molded into re-sprayed rear bumper.
- Suborn N15 grille with black aluminum mesh.
- Newstyle Eyelids
- Custom N15 Two Stripe Black Decals
*Rice/Interior:
- 1Kg Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher in passenger footwell.
- Auto Gauge Defi-style black-face Boost, Water Temp. & Oil Temp gauges mounted in DIN spot under Air-Con/Heater Controls.
- Aluminum pedals with rubber inserts.
- Blue/Green EL Dials.
- Black Recaro style front reclining racing seats with custom rails.
- Back seat & all door cards fully re-trimmed in black mesh material (to match front racing seats.)
- Grey front and rear floor mats.
- Pair of blue Las Vegas fluffy dice on the parcel shelf.
*Wheels, Tyres & Rear Brakes:
- Advanti Racing 'Striker' 17x7.0" in Light Bronze .
- Chrome locknuts .
- Hankook 'Ventus Sport' 205/40/R17 silica compound tyres with rim protectors.
- Black-painted rear drum covers.
*Lights:
- Genuine S1 N15 SSS Foglights and Switch.
- Genuine S2 N15 SSS black surround crystal Headlights.
- Genuine S2 N15 SSS Front Indicators (clear-modified with chrome/amber globes.)
- Genuine S2 N15 crystal Tail Lights.
- Clear Side Indicators (Repeaters) with amber flashing silver-painted globes.
- Blue/White Headlight globes.
- White LED parker globes.
- Narva 'Plus 30' foglight globes.
*Windows:
- 20% tinted rear windscreen, rear quarter windows and rear side windows and 35% (darkest legal) tinted front side windows .
*Stickers/Plates:
- Slimline mid blue 'PULSER' number plates with front protector.
- P Plate sticker on rear windscreen.
- De-stickered and de-badged boot.

Audio Details:
*Headunit:
- Clarion DXZ656MP
*Front Speakers:
- Pioneer 6" 4 Way mounted behind stock door pods.
*Rear Speakers:
- Pioneer 6x9" 3 Way mounted flush with rear parcel shelf.

Other:

*Optional Nissan Parts:
- Driver's Airbag.
*Alarm:
- Viper Paging Alarm with Remote Start

[/i]

L

llama_au

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be a regular passenger in the S15 when it arrives until my car gets back on the road. But that's certainly nothing to complain about :)

Yeah, the mod list is...depressing. Bare in mind several parts I've changed more than once (including rims which I'm just about to be onto the fourth set when they arrive - genuine TE37's) the car owes me a lot more than they were new. Bought it for ~AU$10,000 5 years old at the time, probably around another ~AU$35,000 worth of mods, but I stopped counting a while ago.

It handles like it's on rails, and certainly gets a bit of the old "what on earth did I just race?" :) Before I decided to mod the car I was looking to be a 180sx Type X. I wouldn't sell it for the world now.

...well I lie. If a 350Z or an R34 GTR fell into my hands, I would not say no :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and Welcome.

Very nice and clean looking Pulsar :thumbs:
A real sleeper :)

That 1/4mile time would put it on par with my VW :D
But the humongeous spec-list made me think that it's a bit faster now ;)

L

llama_au

I think it lost the sleeper image with the FMIC ;)

I haven't had a chance to run it down the quarter since the conversion. The time the engine conversion took (three months and it's still not 100%) and the actual time it's spent on the road between blowing transmissions means it hasn't even been on the road for three months in this whole year. However it'd probably run a low 14 on stock boost as it is. Only dyno reading it's had amounted to a measly 116.3fwkw/255.5nm in third (it's a four speed auto.) Still, not too shabby for a car that weighs ~1100kg stock.

200fwkw should be easily achievable with a few mods. The good thing is basically any mod my bf can do to his S15, I can do to my Pulsar. It's dorky, but we'll probably be following the same path engine mod wise.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
hi and welcome ive seen ur car on the ns.com aswell u also need to post pics of ya self heheh :D :wave:

L

llama_au

sushiming said:
hi and welcome ive seen ur car on the ns.com aswell u also need to post pics of ya self heheh :D :wave:
Haha, that won't be happening :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
No you dont :ghey:

Hello and welcome, very nice spec list you have there, engine looks weird turned 90 degrees :p

R

robf

Tother half

Hi >> Well that is the longest spec list i have seen/ some real beastie making additions there :wave: bar one Not toooo sure about those dice,how fluffy are they?

L

llama_au

Re: Tother half

robf said:
Hi >> Well that is the longest spec list i have seen/ some real beastie making additions there :wave: bar one Not toooo sure about those dice,how fluffy are they?
Hehe, yeah. I posted up the rice as well for a laugh. It will be longer by the start of next year (GT28RS, bigger injectors, PowerFC, respray among other things.) They're very fluffy, I bought them from Las Vegas :thumbs:

L

llama_au

Seeing as though my Pulsar is still another 4 or so months away from being back on the road again, I'll soon be frequenting my bf's S15. I guess that's satisfying enough, even though I won't be driving it. It should arrive here from compliancing in two weeks. Then I think you won't be able to stop him posting on here once he's got it :eek:

L

llama_au

I get to sit in the S15 regularly now, it's quick :)

The car's going in for a respray on Monday, I can't wait to see the end result :thumbs:

S

S15_silvia_

nice ride you got there!..im liking alot

gona be a right handfull when its done!

good luck... :thumbs:

L

llama_au

It already is, even with a missing second gear. Getting a custom Auto built for it next month, after the respray happening over the next few weeks. Not planning any more performance mods for the moment, I just want it back on the road. Today was the first drive in 7 months - and a slightly eventful one considering it was a 40'C+ day and the air-con started leaking coolant early in the journey :( I remembered how much I love it though, it'll be painful to get into my daily driver again ('88 R31 Ti 3.0L Skyline.)