What's new

Konichiwa from Japan

F

fulofkix

Hey guys,
My name is Tim. I'm currently living in Japan just outside of Tokyo and I have a '99 S15 Spec S (and a 93 S14). The S15 is sitting at the garage (I haven't even driven it before!) waiting to have an engine transplant, among other upgrades...I've never done an engine swap (S14 or S15 SR20DET) so I'm hoping some of you guys that have done it before can help me out! Hopefully within a year or so I'll have it up and running and on the track!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Welcome along mate, sounds like a nice little project! Look forward to seeing some pics! :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Welcome buddy,you chose the right site there is loads of info on this site,and plenty of friendly people to help answer any questions you have,look forward to some pics

Reaction score
Country
Hey welcome to the club.

There's a few on here who have done the engine transplant for a spec s.
Check B9NKO one out. He's done a full engine & gearbox change.

K

kababaka

Hey guys,
My name is Tim. I'm currently living in Japan just outside of Tokyo and I have a '99 S15 Spec S (and a 93 S14). The S15 is sitting at the garage (I haven't even driven it before!) waiting to have an engine transplant, among other upgrades...I've never done an engine swap (S14 or S15 SR20DET) so I'm hoping some of you guys that have done it before can help me out! Hopefully within a year or so I'll have it up and running and on the track!
Garage?! either just outside of Tokyo means in the middle of nowhere or you are a millionaire! haha

WTTC!:cool:

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Hey guys,
Within a year!?! Jesus, that shouldn't take but a couple days... My car was a Spec S/auto and now has a Spec R/S14 5-speed and 425whp. :)

I'm assuming you're dropping in the S14 motor?

F

fulofkix

haha, not a millionaire...live on a military base so they have a shop where we can work on our cars.

F

fulofkix

well, i'm taking my time...i'm learning to drift in my s14. Actually, just stripped another s14 and pulled the motor to put into the S15. I'll try to get it in the S15 in the next couple months. going to start looking at the wiring and a/c compressor soon - any idea if i can use the a/c compressor from the sr20de on the s14 sr20det (it didn't come with one)?

I'll have to check out zeroyon...thanks for the tip!