What's new

new boy northamptonshire :) most people will recognise this car :)

Reaction score
Country
hi, well i saw this car on piston heads and fell in love from the moment i saw her. she just needs a bit of tlc, i.e the new bumper being sprayed few scuffs/scratches here and there. also needs a new diff but thats getting sorted :) other then that she pretty much perfect :) heres some quick photos. most people will recognise it anyways :) just incase people didnt know the spec :)

Year 2000 Model (BB Turbo)

A'PEXi Induction Filter
A'PEXi Power FC (L-Jetro & hand controller)
Apex Performance Type 2 FMIC
HKS SSQV (without recirc)
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS Silent Hi-Power (middle box removed)
Japspeed Turbo Elbow
Japspeed Downpipe
Japspeed Decat Pipe
Japspeed 50mm Alloy Rad
Japspeed 12" Electric Fans x2
Nismo Oil Filler Cap
Nismo Rad Cap
Gizzmo MS-IBC Boost Controller (max 1.2 bar)
Apex Performance Braided Turbo Coolant Hoses
Apex Performance Braided Turbo Oil Hose
Driftworks Thermostatic Oil Cooler
Blue Silicone Vacuum Hoses
Blue Lightweight Anodised Pulleys
Replica Garage Defend CF Slam Panel
EP Racing CF Spark Plug Cover
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Exedy Hyper Twin Plate Clutch & Flywheel

Defi Link Control Unit II
Defi Link Display Unit (oil temp/pressure & water temp)
Defi BF 60mm Boost Gauge

Tein Super Street Coilovers (with pillowball top-mounts)
Driftworks Tension Rods
Subframe Alloy Locking Collars

17x8 +29 & 17x9 +37 SSR Professor (custom cherry centres)
215/40 & 245/40 R17 Avon ZZ3
25mm Hubcentric Spacers (front)

K-Sport 330mm 8 Pot Front Brake Kit
K-Sport Brake Pads (front)
Ferodo DB2500 Brake Pads (rear)

Bride Bucket Seat
Nismo GT Shift Knob
Driftworks Handbrake Button
Handbrake Handle Grip
CF Wrap Centre Console
CF Wrap Door Handle Cards
CF Wrap Switch Panel
HKB Steering Wheel Boss
C-One Buckskin 50mm Offset Steering Wheel
Ignition Kill Switch
Fire Extinguisher

Works9 Front Bumper (custom quick release brackets/bolts)
Front GT Splitter (custom with adjustable tie rods)
Front Wide Fenders (+20mm)
Rear Wide Fenders (+50mm)
Driftworks CF 3D Rear Wing (custom ali struts & CF end plates)
Driftworks Racing Tow Hooks
RE-Amemiya Pro Replica Rear Diffuser (custom fitted)
SPA GT Race Mirrors (fitted with custom CF wrap base plates)
6000K HID Kit
Nismo Indicators (smoked)
Yashio Factory LED Rear Light Units (smoked)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ah, James/Cad's old car! What are your plans for it?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Welcome to the club mate, love james old car look after it! Looks like it could do with some tlc but if you are willing to put the time in these cars are so rewarding .

Reaction score
Country
Yeh it is :) well so far the plan is just get all the nibbles sorted. I've got anew bumper but just need it spraying. And I'm also getting all the bodywork sorted. I.e the cracked skirts and wings. I would like also like to try and get more power. But I don't know an awful about these cars so I don't know what they run on a standard turbo. What's a safe kind of power? It's running at 292bhp and 330ft torque at the mo :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it's good to see the last owner straightened the car out after the damage james did to it, you would never know what happened to it from looking at it now....

Reaction score
Country
Tbh I don't even know what damage was done to it lol
Haha nothing serious mate dont worry :)
His car is really nice in the flesh isnt it! just looks like a hardcore drifter :D

by damage Its just the obvious as far as i'm aware lol. scuffs and bumps from being tracked and driven up and down his dipped driveway haha.

Take care of it! Theres a lot of custom work gone into it! :)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i was only on the wind up :p james loved that car ;)

hope you enjoy it, it's got lots of nice bits on it

Reaction score
Country
Thank god for that haha. You had me panicking lol. Yeh I'm gunna look after it :) gunna spend some money and get it looking mint :) I can't get on with clutch really lol well not yet anyways

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
they take some getting used to but no matter how used to it you become they are still a bit of a pain compared to ordinary ones....
i was only trying to get a rise out of james if he saw the post, but he's hardly about any more since he bought the lex-arse :ghey:

what are your plans for it then?

Reaction score
Country
yeh the day i picked the car up i struggled to get it moving smoothly haha.

well tbh my plans at the moment is just to sort everything. i had a electrical problem yesterday which has puzzled me tbh.
i cant lock or unlock the car with the remote. when i turn the ignition on everything lights up except from the turbo timer. when i keep trying the turbo timer finally comes on so i cant start the car. but then when im driving and use the indicators it sets the alarm off and all the hazards start flashing everytime i use them. i dont even know where to start looking lol

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
sounds like the drivers arch loom has been scraping for so many different gremlins at once - you could ask lupix as he had a similar thing if i recall correctly but he sorted it out and fixed it all ;)

K

kababaka

:wave: welcome
Where abouts in Northamptonshire are you? We're moving down that way this summer - with 2 S15's :D might see you about!

K

kababaka

:) i live in kettering/thrapston.

where abouts you moving too?
Ahh much further south than that, border with Bucks...Milton Keynes looks likley too. I have a job in Buckingham....Silverstone is on the list!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Dean - I nearly took the bait... nearly!!! :p My Lex-arse is luuvly and so will be the S14a track car which yes, yes I know is a poor man's S15 *yeah whatever* lol

Welcome dude - first off hope you get used to the twin plate as it really is an awesome clutch... loved it from the minute I stopped stalling every 3 seconds haha :D

Electrical gremlins - Cad had this when he took it off me but we sorted it 100% by getting a replacement driver's footwell fusebox sourced and fitted by local auto electricians who did a good job. So not sure what's going on here now?? I'd say if you get stuck just take it to professional auto eletricians and explain that the fusebox is sorted and replaced so it can't be that. Could just be relays or something along those lines...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Just to give you and idea of how much I spent and looked after that beloved car... around £2.5k alone sourcing front bumper, wider arches front + rear, getting local bodyshop to fit, customise (quick release front bumper) and smooth all the rear arches into original body :cool:

Not to mention a very rare RE-Amemiya style diffuser custom fitted onto rear end which is solid!!

Reaction score
Country
lol Dean - I nearly took the bait... nearly!!! :p My Lex-arse is luuvly and so will be the S14a track car which yes, yes I know is a poor man's S15 *yeah whatever* lol

Welcome dude - first off hope you get used to the twin plate as it really is an awesome clutch... loved it from the minute I stopped stalling every 3 seconds haha :D

Electrical gremlins - Cad had this when he took it off me but we sorted it 100% by getting a replacement driver's footwell fusebox sourced and fitted by local auto electricians who did a good job. So not sure what's going on here now?? I'd say if you get stuck just take it to professional auto eletricians and explain that the fusebox is sorted and replaced so it can't be that. Could just be relays or something along those lines...
hi, yeh i keep stalling it lol. im actually getting a twin paddle put in next week. just because where i live is more driving around towns lol. so its constant stopping and starting. well its going into the garage on saturday and there just going to sort everything out for me :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cool if you need any pointers/advice I'm always here but best drop me PM as I get email notification... it's more my new job preventing me from being on here as often as I like rather than the fact I've defected to an S14a as well as a Lexus daily lmao... Dean - you know I'd have an IS200 anyday over an S15 haha :p

James