What's new

full exhaust on stock jdms15

E

EVLS15

hey people new to this just asking some stuff if i put a full turbo back on a stock jdms15 will my factory boost gauge still show 0.5 peaking 0.6 bar or will it go to about 0.9bar with full turbo back????

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It should go up. not sure if it will make .9 bar, but you will notice an increase.

E

EVLS15

ok do you know where abouts because some people say with apexi intake and full turbo back exhaust you can get 0.9bar ?? but some say you must need a boost controller or bleed valve so yea do you know anything about it??? maybe 0.8bar???

S

s15dave

mine went up to about 0.9 peak when i put the turbo back exhaust on (3" with a few mufflers)

then i did that little "Free boost upgrade" (pull out the restrictor) and now its 0.8-0.9 bar from 3500?-redline. goes good!

E

EVLS15

ohh really im just curious about i want to keep the restrictor and stuff just want full turbo back and hope it gives me around 0.7bar or something???

S

s15dave

yer you will get an increase.

i cant remember what mine was stock, i think it started at 0.5 then it peaked at around 0.7.

then with the exhaust it was peaking up to about 0.9...

then with that restriction gone, it went to 0.9 all the time (on boost that is, no linear increase)

what does yours do now? i assume yours is completely stock?

S

S15 SILVIA

Mine is stock and runs 0.6 on the stock gauge, then tail of to 0.5 when reved to the redline.
What do youean by removing the restrictor? Where?

Reaction score
Country
Mine was running 0.5/6 when stock. Since adding FMIC, 3" turbo back with decat and the Apexi intake it boosts at 0.9/1bar. I did remove the restrictor for the free boost upgrade but had to put it back in as it was boosting well over a bar!! Make sure you have a Walbro 255 aswell!

E

EVLS15

sick so yours was completely stock thats what mine is running exact 0.5-0.6bar till redline no drop. so once you put full turbo back you think it can manage 0.9bar??? would i need a walbro if i just get full exhaust???

E

EVLS15

mine hits full boost at around 3500rpm i think and peaks 0.6bar all the way to redline does yours drop to 0.5bar?? maybe faulty boost gauge

E

EVLS15

its got a nismo exhaust and pod filter peaks till read line 0.6bar. people say only way to manage 0.9bar is with boost controller :s.