What's new

Noob from MK, England

G

gall

hi all,

my names chris and ive signed up as i'd like to learn more about S15's before i make my next purchase. Previously ive owned an s14a, a pulsar gtir an mx5 and also a fd3s rx7. obviously i shall use the forum and search functions but go easy if i ask any dumb questions :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Don't worry bout dumb questions buddy we all ask em but unlike other forums everyone on this site is very helpful and really know theiir stuff to!
Nice name that ! Good luck with the car mate,there are plenty of usefull guides to help u through the buying process!

Reaction score
Country
Hey man, welcome! Im not far from you (Kettering) and do travel over to MK quite often. You might have seen mine about :)

G

gall

hi all thanks for the replies, james i havent actually ever seen an s15 on the road (other than at shows) i think thats part of the appeal of them.
im still trying to weigh up in my head whether to go for the spec s or r? obviuosly i now know the differences but need to weigh up the running costs as a daily driver. That said my s14a with a horsham stage 1 was returning approx 28mpg i can only assume a spec r with similar mods would return the same.

Jay

Reaction score
welcome, once again dont worry about asking questions, you wont learn unless you ask! i still ask dumb ass questions after a year of ownership, only today i was asking a member of the supra mkiii oc what the point of dump valves was!!

Reaction score
Country
Yeahh haha, i never see another one on the roads, ever! If you were used to a stage 1 S14 then surely you'd want to go for the SpecR!? Mine is stage 1 without a remap and i dont find the fuel economy a problem to be honest, although its not a daily!

Ive not worked out what it returns but last week i took a trip from Kettering to central Birmingham, then back to Kettering. Then the day after i went down to central Oxford and back to Kettering. I used just under 3 quarters of a tank so around £45 ish maybe? That was with plenty of foot down moments, sideways off roundabouts and seeing tripple figures nearly all the way up the motorway so... its not too bad in my opinion! I had an RX8 prior to this and that drank fuel like it was going out of fashion!!! :eek:

G

gall

cheers for the replies, I think it is going to have to be a spec r, just waiting for my gsxr750 to sell now