What's new

S

scutch0

hi, not a s15 owner, but have been very interested in the model since the moment i layed eyes on one!
im more of a toyota man, currently driving a n/a supra... but im wanting something thats a bit roomier (anyone whos seen a supra boot would know what im talking about) plus something thats a bit better on the jungle juice... i.e 30+ mpg.
so im looking into a s15 spec s.
non turbo models dont bother me as i only really use the car for pottering around in and my budget wont strech to a spec r.
i considered a s14a, but theyre so common round my way... plus i love the interior and exterior of the s15.

so what i wana know is firstly... what mpg am i looking at on a spec s?
are manuals commonplace? or a are they mainly autos?
what am i looking at cost wise on a spec s? they dont seem to pop up very often, mostly from what i saw on pistonheads 4-5k seems the going rate.
is there anywhere that is a respected importer that stocks them?

anything else i should know about the model? any spec lists on here i can have a gander at?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Welcome to the club :wave:

The S is a perfect daily IMO (I'd have mine back in the morning if I could) but you won't be getting 30+MPG on a mixed cycle :no: They're roughly 155bhp & 190Nm on our fuel and I was getting 400-500km to a tank without ever running it into the red so prob 80-85% of a tank - that was using Maxol E5 (rated at 99RON) with mixed motorway driving, driving in traffic & some "Spirited" driving ;) The S is slightly better than my new daily which is a 2001 Saab 9-5 "Ecopower" so that might be a decent benchmark for you to work off?

If you're looking for something with a big boot you're not gonna be impressed with the S15 either - it is quite small but I've never opened the boot in a Supra so can't tell you whether its smaller or not....

Manuals I would have said are more common, they are here anyway (Ireland) because I've only ever seen a handfull of Auto's

As far as costs and importers are concearned some UK members will have to let you know. The value of them here has plumetted :cry: but you'd still want €6-7k if you're looking for a good high spec one....

Edit - Some specs here:

http://nissans15.com/misc.htm

http://nissans15.com/spec.htm

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Colin ..............155bhp..:rotfl:

On my S i could get 600ks on a tank, but I dont have to creep through city's, it was mostly 400 - 500 when i first got it and went for drives just to burn gas, i got 420 once that was with lots of heavy right jandle action, which is not bad as the spec R burns a tank in 500 under mostly sane driving im sure i could burn a tank in less then 150 if i tried.. i have no idea if i could ever get more because its hard to not drive them like your arse is on fire at least some of the time, im referring to the spec s too

Last edited: