What's new

Hello from Northants UK

Reaction score
Country
Hello good folk from S15 land.

I have signed up due to the very great possibility of me getting an S15 very soon to replace the S14a that I owned for near 6 years before it was destroyed in a fire :cry:

I am a member, and the current East mids rep, over on SXOC and will hopefully badgering you peeps of the ins and outs of the S15.

Anyway, lots of searching and reading through old 'What should I look out for' threads :)

Dave.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers. Not a good start to the year, but looking forward now to pastures new.

Photos you say, well be rude not too ....

Before

After

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it was really sad to read about this on sxoc.....sad sight. i hope they didn't mess you about with the insurance. anyway welcome to the club, if you knew your s14 then thers nothing to worry about getting a 15 - mechanically they are pretty much the same apart from a couple of things such as gearbox etc

Reaction score
Country
Insurance is still ongoing, so have to wait a bit for their verdict on a price before deciding how much to spend on a new motor. I knew the 14 inside and out, spent most of last summer stripping and rebuilding it!

Been looking closely into the gearbox issues on the 15s. Am I correct in thinking that a fairly standard powered one should be okay or is it one of those things like the SX fuel pump that it will break at some point?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it's a lottery mate, i've been running 350Ib/ft for about 2 years nearly and it's still ok.....hope the insurance comes good in the end :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that's a bummer. Looks like it was a really clean car. Welcome and I hope you get enough money to buy an S15

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Welcome mate... sorry to see what happened to your previous S14 :(

Don't worry too much about the gearbox - as long as it's not been abused or running 400+ bhp then you'll be fine :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Your S14 looked great, I'm a fan of the 350Z Rays wheels. The fire must have had some serious heat behind it to burn literally everything :( I'm guessing it was started intentionally?

The S15 gearboxes are no weaker than the S14 boxes, it's just harder to find a spare 6-speed box and they go for £400-500. When a S14 box breaks people just accept it and pay £150 for a new so it isn't hyped up nearly as much as when a 6-speed breaks. :)

Reaction score
Country
Its always the nice ones that get trashed by no fault of your own :(

Anyway WTTC the club, hope you get an S15 as good as your old S14a.