What's new

Howdy

C

cad

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'd like to get to know a few of you a little better!

My names Dan (friends call me Cad) and I've just become the new owner of James Lu's S15. You may have seen a thread in the electrical section, cars at the auto-electrics shop now and James was kind enough to drop me back to work so fingers crossed all will be sorted by this evening. Apart from that I love the car! I'm used to high power FWD cars but my experiance with RWD is limited to a diesel mercedes so its still very new!

Had a few private car park plays and really loving how she feels - it's got the exceedy twin plate clutch so has taken me a few days to get used to pulling off but for playing around it's fantastic! First day of picking her up I got stuck on a motorway off-ramp incline for around 3 and a half minutes. I stalled the car just over 9 times....some inpatient people behind I can tell you that!

Anyway I live in Wolverhampton, so who's near to me? I believe Craigs not to far off in Walsall is it? I know James has mentioned you a few times!

Anyway hope to see some of you around :)

Cad

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
welcome to the club - i dont think james's car wanted a new owner as i dont think he had any issues with it until you picked it up lol....

nice to know his car has gone on to someone interested in the club - enjoy it :) (i feel for you on the clutch, i have an exedy hyper single and in heavy traffic it can be a bit annoying but once on the move its a joy ;))

C

cad

no the car certainly wanted to let its feelings be known on that first night! Hopefully its something simple, as I say the cars at the auto-elecs place now so hopefully have some good news later this afternoon!

Well I live with a few friends in Perton and one of them is a through and through mechanical/engineering enthusiast by job and hobby. He's got a very nice S14 so the drive looks very good! And with him on hand to help and James always around I'm hoping for a very good long-term relationship with the car and the club!

Yea the clutch is really taking some getting used to. I'm getting there, my commute in the morning involves a LOT of stop start so I'm learning the hard way!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm in Lichfield mate, not Walsall. There are quite a few of us around here now.

Nice to see James' old cars staying on here too! :)

C

cad

Aaa Lichfield/Walsall are in the Midlands ey so close enough!

Well at least he can rest easy knowing she'll be looked after.

C

cad

will be looked after for certain mate! And many thanks for your reply to that thread, it's at the auto-elec place now but I've just asked James to let them know and hopefully that may be it! Is it Drivers side front?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Welcome dude!! :D

Yep everyone can rest assured that I've known Cad a while now (top bloke) and I'm certain Silvia will be well looked after and dare I say even better looked after since Cad is a perfectionist on the cosmetic side of things lol :p

And living next to an S14 on the driveway what better way to get into SR's... it's Jap heaven where you are lol :thumbs:

BTW - I'm really glad you're still 'having a go' with the RWD experience... much rather this than going down the trailer queen route cos she deserves to be driven as intented... sideways haha!!!

Reaction score
Country
Hi Mate

Nice to see you joined on here :cool:

I was well shocked when Sean told me you had baught James's car lol id love to live at your house now! What a coold drive youve got haha

Its Jay btw im the one with the red S15 :nod:

C

cad

Hi Jay,

Hows the stripping down going?

Yea the house looks rather sweet now with the S15 + S14! Got to love it!

Reaction score
Country
Its going slowwww atm! Havent had much time latley but the subframe is ready to be dropped now I think so I need some assistance and seans jack again for support lol..

U both will have to pop rnd and help if you can :thumbs: