What's new

B.Martin

B

B.Martin

Evening all,

I'm Ben(22), from Nottingham. Dont have an S15 yet, but i'm stacking the cash saving for one. I've been freeloading and surfing on here a while gathering information and hopefully by this time next year i'll have my own S15.

I'm a total petrol head and have the dreaded modifying bug, been modifying my cars since my first car!

Hope to get to know you all and get stuck into the discussions and what not on here and hope to be a recognised member of the forum, but the time i finally get my hands on an S15 :D

Ben

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
WTTC Ben :wave:

So you say you have the modifying bug, what do you have in your garage at the moment then?

What plans do you think you will have for your S15?

Darren

B

B.Martin

Thanks for the welcome Darren,

I've had a few cars in my time, currently using a (almost embarrasing) 106 GTI to get around as its cheep and a bit fun. My last car was a FC RX-7 EGi, which was great fun in the wet if a little unpredictable. In the dry though it was far to heavy and underpowered to have propper sideways fun and to be honest it was slower than my first car (nova Gsi) and drank unbelivable amounts of fuel! (thus the 106)

But now i've got a better job adn income, better age for modifying cars (in the eyes of insurance compaies anyway) + NCB. So am ready to take the natural step up from the RX and get a proper jap RWD turbo car!

And the S15 is pure sex on wheels lets be honest!

Plans would be to pick up a low mileage one (maybe fresh import) not sure on the colour yet they're all damn nice so i'm not going to be too picky there. Firstly, if it doesn't have the nismo kit? (like the one in your sig pic) one of them...

Rota wheels (not decided on type or colour yet obviously a lot depends on the car colour)

Tien Coilovers

Exhaust mods downpipe, turbo back system etc. (really need to look into this further though if i'm honest)

And plenty of carbon fibre (got an obsession)

and really we'll take it from there! I'm trying not to get too carried away just yet as i dont have a lot saved, but i get a 3 montly bonus so most of that will be going straight in the piggy bank!

Cant wait really.

Ben

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Funny you should say that as my last S15 had the full R-Tune kit but at the end of the day it is still fiberglass. Fitment was perfect though.

S

S15 SILVIA

Welcome Ben.
Sounds like a good plan you got.
The kit found on Darren's, Craig's, and my car is the factory Aero kit. Many cars come with the aero side skirts and rear spoiler, but the front bumper and rear spats were more of an option part.
Nissan did produce some factory cars with the full aero kit, but these were limited. My car was one of which that came as standard with an aero front bumper, sideskirts and rear spats, but no aero rear spoiler (V-package)
The Nismo cars, and cars with the Nismo (R-Tune) kit are generally a bit rarer.

Here is Nismo (R-Tune) kitted S15- http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4613/img1284aut0.jpg

I actually have a Nismo R-Tune rear spoiler on mine.

Anyway welcome to the club, hope you find a nice example.
Mike

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Funny you should say that as my last S15 had the full R-Tune kit but at the end of the day it is still fiberglass and fiberglass. Fitment was perfect though.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Welcome mate! :)

Sounds like you've got it all planned out... rather like I did before I got my S15... however I was going to leave it a year when I introduced myself on here and that soon whittled down to about 3 months cos I was desperate to get one lol :wack:

Wow Mazda FC - a classic... I've got a few mates with very nice FD's and they are more thirsty and the engine deffo needs much more TLC otherwise the bills are big!! Shame really cos rotaries do sound immense especially with the street/bridge port *loves*

Stick around and we'll help you out all you need but the sticky 'Useful Threads' section is deffo worth a good read ;)

K

kababaka

Oh I'm not far from you, I go to Nottingham every Friday! Keep an eye out for me in my red S15! It's pretty standard, I'm waiting for some money i've been expecting for a while! Then I will be able to be some basic asthetic mods! Nothing under the hood for me though.

B

B.Martin

Wow, cheers for the welcome guys and after looking at that link Mike it is the Aero kit i want, i got confussed by the side vents :p

I've already started saving, so hopefully soon (rather than later) i can join in properly, watch this space!

Ben

p.s. Kababaka i'll keep my eyes peeled for your S15 - there was a black one around my way, but i've not seen it on here had an 'S15' private plate on it.

K

kababaka

woah cool! I've never seen another one on the road - not in the UK anyway! Only in Japan! Saw loads there! :smitten:

B

B.Martin

Yeah they are pretty rare, i think thats why i prefer them over the RX-7! That and reliability.

Hope to get to know you a bit more then matey, if your local!

Ben

K

kababaka

Yeah they are pretty rare, i think thats why i prefer them over the RX-7! That and reliability.

Hope to get to know you a bit more then matey, if your local!

Ben
Yeah, RX7's are nice too though!

I just got my money sent, so looks like my car is going to the beauty salon!!

K

kababaka

I live in Derbyshire, nr Matlock. However, I go to Nottingham every Friday to Uni and we have a social gathering with our cohort every couple of weeks in the city centre.
How about you?

B

B.Martin

I know Matlock, i often take the mrs up there. There is a damn nice chinese place in the main street, golden river or something! I'm from Toton, its just of the A52 near in the middle of Long Eaton, Stapleford and Chillwell!

Ben

K

kababaka

Yes I know the one, been in there a few times!
Matlock is lovely...but there are some strange folk around here! I'm originally from the north east :D

B

B.Martin

North East eh? What made you move down to the east midlands? There are some damn good roads up where you are!

Ben

K

kababaka

Teesside!:cool:
I lived in Japan for 3 years, met my boyfriend over there who was from Cheshire area so we just looked to move somewhere in the middle, and I got a job around here so we came here.
Yes there are also some awful ones, potholes all the way to work for me! grrr!:down: