Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked

S15 owner to be!

hey everyone

thought i would sign up and get to know a few of you prior to getting an s15.
    as we speak i have just started the process of getting a fresh import spec r with the help of the nice people at newera. having dealt with them before im confident i will end up with an awesome car!
    ive been to have a look at a few recently around the country, and i was actually quite shocked at how garages are getting away with charging the prices they do for the cars i have seen. they were all described as 'mint' and what not, but all i saw were shabby rather average looking cars!
    so, hence the reason im going for a fresh import and hopefully in a rather rare colour *fingers crossed*. i should have the car around christmas time i hope.

i have just sold my awesome dc2 integra, was by far the best car ive ever driven, but just fancied abit of a change, and an s15 is another one of them cars i told myself i would own one day.
    heres the integra:

anyways, look forward to speaking to you all

cheers

Lloyd

Liked
    Hi Lloyd welcome and good choice for your next car, hope you get what your after.. nice Dc2 looks very clean.

Liked
    Welcome to S15OC mate

I would say there are definitely some mint ones that have been up for sale recently on this forum... like many other forums dedicated enthusiasts and forum regulars do tend to look after their cars whereas Pistonheads can be a but or miss.

DC2 vs S15 is like chalk and cheese lol... RWD you can much more fun in although DC2 is raw and gives you confidence to push corners. You'll find your driving style will completely change

S14a Track Machine Progress Thread >> Click Here <<

Liked
    wow thanks for the quick replies people!
    yeh i completely expect them to be totally different, thats the idea really. just want to expand my driving style and experience. and plus i can now afford something abit bigger :P
    on the looks deparment, its a close call, but after seeing my first s15 up close last week i have to say its possibly better looking than the dc2 :P

cheers

Lloyd

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by natune View Post
    wow thanks for the quick replies people!
    yeh i completely expect them to be totally different, thats the idea really. just want to expand my driving style and experience. and plus i can now afford something abit bigger :P
    on the looks deparment, its a close call, but after seeing my first s15 up close last week i have to say its possibly better looking than the dc2 :P

cheers

Lloyd

Welcome to the club lloyd.

I am the guy with the S15 you were interested in a month back(Paul), you made the correct choice, because the engine is now out the car having new race bearings and shells,was the bottom end tapping not vvt, I'm sure you will experience the joys and some other not so joyful things with her but they are awesome cars

I can't wait to get mine back now

Paul

meddler is offline It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
    This is meddler's Country Flag (Australia)
    Liked
    Welcome Lloyd,

Good luck with finding the right car.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

If you use text speak on this forum you WILL get an infraction.

Believe it or not, what has a 'h' in it and you is not spelt 'u'

Forum Rules | For Sale Rules | Useful Threads | IRC Chat channel is now closed

Thought for the day: Get a spell checker!!! READ THE F!@#ING RULES.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Curryzz View Post
    Welcome to the club lloyd.

I am the guy with the S15 you were interested in a month back(Paul), you made the correct choice, because the engine is now out the car having new race bearings and shells,was the bottom end tapping not vvt, I'm sure you will experience the joys and some other not so joyful things with her but they are awesome cars

I can't wait to get mine back now

Paul
    hi paul,

i wondered whether you would be on here. its a bloody shame as i liked your car alot! hope it all gets sorted good and proper, are you thinking of keeping it once its sorted?
    cant wait to get mine, its abit of a lottery getting a fresh import, but i know newera will do me proud!

cheers

Lloyd

Liked
    I always had a soft spot for DC2's mate... but as soon as I was on the hunt for turbo and getting RWD I never looked back. And with the S15's like their predecessor the S14, you don't have to spend a lot (in relation to other turbo cars) to get a significant hike in power/torque/performance/handling

S14a Track Machine Progress Thread >> Click Here <<

Liked
    Yeah that's the idea bud, I will have spent around 1500-2500 on her when shes back, full bottom end rebuild with ACL race bearings and shells, the whole engine has been cleaned out which all takes time and labour, I have treated my self to a new front mount intercooler, new HKS bov and a few bits to make me love her again

Yeah I'm sure there are loads of tidy ones around

We also have some gorgeous ones on the forum already which you can get ideas from.

Oh and whats this colour your going for?

Quote Originally Posted by natune View Post
    hi paul,

i wondered whether you would be on here. its a bloody shame as i liked your car alot! hope it all gets sorted good and proper, are you thinking of keeping it once its sorted?
    cant wait to get mine, its abit of a lottery getting a fresh import, but i know newera will do me proud!

cheers

Lloyd

Liked
    cool sounds good, hope it all goes well and she runs better than ever!

yeh i would put my money on all the best examples being owned by people here on the forum, its a pretty small community seeing as there arnt that many in the country!
    well im hoping for one of the lesser seen colours with factory body kit as apposed to white or silver.. but if one turns up that is immaculate but happens to be white or silver, then im not going to say no

ill keep updating as and when i get any progress!

cheers