What's new

"Newbie" from Finland...

T

Twilight

Hello,

It's time to introduce a "newbie" to this forum.

I just wanted to come and say hello since i would be reading and commenting this forum for some time now on. I think i would be buying an S15 very soon. In the past i've owned numerous of high performance Japanese and European cars and this would be 2nd car in the Nissan S- family. I once promised i would not buy an S- series again, but now i'm forced to buy one. Why you might ask? Well, its not that easy to sport a RWD Japanese car these days and i NEED one for the winter. :D I would have wanted to buy an Toyota Altezza RS200 for the winter, but strict Finnish and EU legislation wont let it be registered just yet.

Previous cars i've owned, here is just a quick peek to the past.

1991 Honda CRX 1.8Vti (LHD) = Still the original and best, i swapped an Integra Type-R engine into this old CRX. It was so much fun that none of the cars have been able to do the same.

1999 Nissan S14A (LHD) = I always knew that Turbo is always faster. So i bought an S14A- Nissan. This car was quite solid and i did like the way it drove. Although minor faults, unsatisfying results from tuning and the fact that everybody had these made me dislike it a bit.

2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME (LHD) = This ultra rare LHD TME edition was a true beauty. It was very fast but i often found it very toy-ish. It was very expensive (22.000GBP) at the time so i thought i can do same with alot less.

1994 Mazda RX-7 Type-R (RHD) = It was heaven when you drove this magnificent machine. It was hell when you tried to sleep and all your thoughts were that when does my apex seals wear out or drop off from the engine. Anyways, one of the best cars i've owned.

2000 Honda S2000 (LHD) = Honda was a very solid car aswell with very nice engine. One summer went really well topless and only thing to complain was the size.

1997 Subaru Impreza Type-R Ver. IV (RHD). = Last winter i wanted to have a true winter- beater. Subaru served without major problems and the winter did go by as fast as Subaru plowed thru the snow. Only problem is that to get full of it, i would have to go shopping with rally spikes. And it just wont work.

2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI T Avantgarde = blablabla diesel engine blablablabla. Blablablablablablablaa, blalbalba very efficient blablbablba. blablabla good sound system balbalblabal.

1992 BMW E34 M5 3.6 = This is one of the best autobahnmonsters. 315hp from natural aspirated engine is a joy. Although with these speed limits, you cant really use the potential anywhere. I still have this one.

1999 Nissan S15?

So i would be looking for Silvia S15 now. Please let me know if you have one, or you know someone who has. Here is a WTB- thread aswell.

WTB: 1999-2000 Silvia S15- thread

Reaction score
Website
www.dnsf.org
Country
More S15 Silvias to Finland :nod: Thats nice!

Olikko sä Tampereelta? Ainakin sillon tällön noita sun entisiä autoja pyöriny täällä treen suunnalla...

T

Twilight

Yeah. I would buy one if i ever find one. :/

Yeah, i'm also located near your town so i've also seen you on quite many occasions. ;)

Can someone confirm what front bumper is this, is it some kind of accessory bumper for Aero models or what? Where i can buy one if it gets trashed or something?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
answered the aero question in your other thread.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Welcome. There are a few nice S15's for sale in the UK at the moment. Are you looking to improt from Japan or Europe?

T

Twilight

Hello Craig,

Yeah, there is few. But something is always not quite right, maybe i'm just picky. I've been looking from sxoc, s15oc and pistonheads. Am i missing something? But the one like in your signature is quite nice. I like the full aero kit. Maybe i just have to be patient this time.

I'm going to buy one from UK and then transport it into Finland.

Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the club! Awesome list of previous owned cars! The CRX is by far my favorite! I've owned 5 CRX's in the past, and I would have to agree with you, for a FWD car, I've never driven a platform that was as peppy and enjoyable to drive as the rex! Not to mention the limitless engine swaps and mods available! Good luck in your search for an S15!

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, there is few. But something is always not quite right, maybe i'm just picky. I've been looking from sxoc, s15oc and pistonheads. Am i missing something? But the one like in your signature is quite nice. I like the full aero kit. Maybe i just have to be patient this time.
You're looking in all the right places :)

It's only a matter of time until you find one that suits. When you find one, post the details up here as I'm sure someone will live local enough to check it out for you before you're long journey over.

T

Twilight

You're looking in all the right places :)

It's only a matter of time until you find one that suits. When you find one, post the details up here as I'm sure someone will live local enough to check it out for you before you're long journey over.
Ah, thats helpful. Let's see what happens. Cant wait though, i've had enough of this M5 thing in my yard...

T

Twilight

Terve Nicely!

Oh, you seem to be some kind of founding member or similiar since so many posts. Are you a UK citizen working in Finland or something? Driving an S15 up here?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, I started the forum when I owned my S15. I sold it in 2008 when I knew I'd be leaving the UK. I moved to Helsinki a year ago and, like all successful immigrants, am a 'possessor of sisu and champion victorious against tedious Finnish bureaucracy'! :p

T

Twilight

Wow, thats nice. Planning to buy a S15 anymore? Its great that you've settled in here. If you need help at something, just give me a PM!