What's new

Hi People

T

Tazzy

Hi People,

I'm potentially looking to replace my Mazda RX8 for either a Silvia S15 Spec R (or right Spec S) or a Toyota Supra TT.

I've finally got to the stage where I can insure these cars for under a £1000 so the hunt is on!

I would prefer a part ex or a swap as I can't really be without a car for too long.

Also what sort of BHP as the Spec S got? I read somewhere it only has about 165BHP is there any truth in that?

Here's my Mazda

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1926543.htm

Looking forward to meeting you all

Tazzy :cool:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hi and welcome. You're RX8 looks nice, I didnt realise how little you can pick them up for these days.

I think the JDM Spec-S are 150bhp so it's definalty worth spending the extra on a good Spec-R.

T

Tazzy

OMG is that it? LOL yeah I will defo have to spend the extra!

I know Saxo's that have more BHP thas ridiculous! LOL

Thanks for the reply though...

T

Tazzy

Hopefully I'll be following suit! Just need to sell the Mazda so I can go purcahse one! LOL I bet the low end torque put a massive smile on your face! LOL

How would you compare the handling of the S15 compared to the RX8 because the RX sticks to the road like glue!

Reaction score
Country
Took me months to shift mine and got very little intrest even though it was tidy and up for a good price... in the end i had to let it go for a bit less than i wanted just so i could pick the S15 up! Well worth it though haha! ...and yeah dude, my SpecR is still standard power wise but puts a smile on my face everyday! Have you tried skidding your RX? Hard work isnt it :wack:

In standard form its not quite as good as an RX8 but since i got coilovers, subframe locking collars and adjustable rear arms it handles just as good (dare i say slightly better?) :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
welcome to the forums :) good luck with the sale of your Rx8 (looks very clean), and your search for the S15.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Welcome to S15OC mate :)

Was just gonna stay I would personally steer clear of the Supra TT as the running costs are waaay higher than an S15 and really if you were looking at Supras, Skylines etc you wouldn't be interested in an S15 lol :p

But... seems like you're tempted which is good and Spec-R with decent tuning on standard turbo is a loads more fun that a fat, heavier car haha :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
you surely would never look back, i have heard people talk about the lack of torque on the rx's, how juicy they are and that they are a bit underwhelming and dont fill the shoes of the rx7, whereas the s15 is like the final evolution of the s-body where it got as good as it could, good mpg for what it is, great handling and fairly powerful even as standard or mildly tuned. good luck selling the rx8 and finding a good 15 mate ;)

i dont know what it is but i seem to see more rx8's for sale lately than ever before.....everyones putting them up for sale.......seemingly good value too for what you are getting :nod:

T

Tazzy

James - I love getting the back out of the RX it's just so controllable! LOL Dis-engage the TSC and go for it! LOL

S15AK - Thank you! I have ODC when it comes to cars! LOL

Lupix - The reason I have been looking at the Silvia's are because they're LUSH and alot can be done to the SR20DET without breaking the bank!

Dean - The lack of low end torque in the RX isn't as bad as most people say but it would help if there was more! The torque all kicks in at around 4500rpm then it does move abit! I agree that it would never fulfill the RX7's boots because there is no turbo's! I don't understand why they didnt strap any turbo's on as standard! The only thing I think that the RX8 has compared to other RWD is the way it can handle when being thrown around I'm not the best of drivers but it makes me feel like a driving god! lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Tazzy - come along to one of the regular Telford meets on a Sun night and I'm usually out. I'll take you out in mine to show you what she's like ;)

T

Tazzy

Hi james,

Yours looks like a BEAST! LOL

I will pop along one of these weekends definately!

More than likely leave there feeling so jealous! LOL

T

Tazzy

Hi Lupix, I will defo let you know wont be for a few weeks though!

The guy with the Spec R hasn't sold his car yet so i've emailed him again asking if he want's to do a straight swap!

hopefully he says yes! LOL

The wheels are horrible and the front bumper is horrid but for a straight swap I can't moan

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok no worries mate - hope the swap goes ok. As long as she's running sweet that's the most important. Wheels and aero you can change later lol :thumbs: