What's new

Loony Dane/German amongst you, beware!

F

faxij

Hi there! :D

I'm a 23 yr old student from Germany, although I lived in Denmark for a while already. I will come to the UK soon though!

Well, about me...I love cars...actually mostly anything fun with an engine (boats, bikes, whatever.. :D ) but with cars, I have a special love for JDM-cars :)

Mostly Nissan's (Inf. G35, 350z, 370z, 300zx, Silvia S15, Skyline R33-R34, GTR, Stagea R34...), but also few others (Supra, Eclipse, NSX, RX7 etc.)

I mostly just loved the exterior looks and performance of certain cars, but recently I've been more concerned with the interior - big shock!

I've come to just like most before-mentioned cars, but three of them I like even more now, the RX7, the R34 and the S15 :D

I won't probably buy an RX7 and a R34 is too expensive to deal with right now, but the S15 seems to be perfect. In fact, the more I learn about this amazing car, the more I love it really. :smitten:

From September on, I will study in Bournemouth, UK, for a year. After that, there is great chance I'll get working and earn money. I'm pretty sure by now, that my first own car will be a S15 =)

Thus I'm here, I want to learn more, get inside-knowledge and hopefully, I can see a S15 in real life. Maybe even get a drive in it! In Ger/DK there are no S15 apparently :( just s13 and s14, but i dont like them :wack:

So hi everyone and if you're from Somerset/Dorset area or like to drive there, I'd appreciate meeting some of you british mates! :wave:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Welcome. There are plenty of good people on here that will help you out with the information you require and you never know, someone might be nice enough to give you a ride in their's when you get to the UK.

Reaction score
Country
Now then mate, welcome to the forum! I'l be down dorset for a few months from september. So if you want a nosey at a recently repaired job haha. let me know

F

faxij

sounds great :)

i've btw thought about getting an Spec-s and make a swap towards a RB25DET or maybe RB26DETT. Is that a realistic thing to do? In terms of legality, getting parts, difficulty...just saw that spec-r's are much more expensive than spec s...

and i'd like to opt for 400-500 bhp, if i get it correctly the RB20DET is limited t some 300-350 bhp?
(it won't be a track-car, it's supposed to be a daily driver - and i'd rather have a "light-tuned" rb25det running low boost compared to an highly upgraded rb20det...makes sense hopefully)

btw: i do find the nismo s-tune aero bodykit-pack incl. spoiler very attractive.. :D

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Surely the cost of a Spec-S plus engine transplant to RB block and all the running gear will equate to about the same as buying a Spec-R right?

You can get the SR20DET up to 400+ bhp with all the right internal mods and a bigger turbo but what I like about the S15 setup is you can make her a fun car to drive without endless amounts of power... I'd leave the bhp bragging rights to the heavy bigass Skyline brothers lol :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
2nd what Lupix said, it will cost a lot to transplant an RB engine and get it right. It can also be a fiddly job so expect it to be on and off the road for a while. Best sticking with the SR20DET :)

Welcome to the club :)

F

faxij

thanks for the input guys...but when you get a rb20det to 400+, doesn't that mean parts wear out much faster?

the reason i want that much bhp is maybe a faulty one, but i've driven a 350z sometimes (313 bhp-version, otherwise stock), but i found it sort of "weak" in special situations..:wack:

i like excess somehow :eek:

it's still much time to think about it, but anyone got some rough cost estimates perhaps? stock spec r to about 400 bhp vs spec s + engine swap + slightly bigger turbo?

i'd like to get an idea of what i'm gonna have to earn :p

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That bodykit you posted is the Nismo R-Tune kit, unless it's been changed recently. I used to have it on my last S15.

Reaction score
Country
also something to think about, 300bhp in an S15, will probably be as fast, or faster than a 350bhp skyline due to power to weight ratio ;)

Have a google for the specs of a Spec R S15, compared to an R34 GTT. the R34 has more power, but is slower to 60 because its a much heavier car :)

Get the S15 and keep the SR20DET... (Spec-R).. you wont regret it :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
welcome to the club mate :) i would say if you plan on the s15 being your first car and want to get one in england, look into insurance costs too :thumbs:

F

faxij

hehe...i'll pay the insurance somehow..in germany I'd never even get a S15 roadlegal :furious:

i'm more worried about other costs though - upgrades, tires.. :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the costs of running an s15 arent that bad really, tyres arent that expensive and upgrades can be done for lots cheaper if you get into group buys etc. honestly though mate, insurance costs in the uk are pretty over the top if you are new to performance cars......

F

faxij

Ah i guess it's gonna be okay. After all, I won't buy a S15 the very second i got some 13-15k on my bank account. I'll make sure to be able to drive it, which includes having a money-buffer for repairs and such.

Sometimes I really wish I'd not chosen to study and instead get working so I could afford a nice car.. :/ Waiting to be able to buy the first own car is horrible..

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol you cannot compare two completely different cars like the 350Z and S15... they're both Nissan and RWD... that's where the similarity ends!! :)

Just get yourself (at some point) into an S15 that's standard tune. If you haven't experienced similar setup like the S14 then you'll be pleasantly surprised. Then try and jump into an S15 that's up to 320 bhp mapped with stock turbo running 1.2 bar - you'll see a big difference... much more noticeable 70 bhp (and similar torque figure) jump on these light RWD cars than Skylines, Supras etc. As JaseYpk says Power To Weight means a lot in tuning ;)

F

faxij

i guess you're right. just live in the wrong place.. :furious:
luckily i'm coming to the uk soon :)

should perhaps consider moving to japan for some years :D
anyone here who's been there?

P.S.: i'm missing some lunatic, overly-excited dance-smiley...could be something to add to the cool smilie-set you got here ;)

F

faxij

alrighty folks, im here! bournemouth is mad, two nights out and no voice! already spent cash worth a full s15 tank on booze :D

would be ace to hear when someone's around, to have a chat, to finally see a S15 up close, maybe even get a ride - i'm up for almost anything i guess!

what gets me to you, jasey.. u already down here?

A

andyvass

i live about 15 mins away from bomo, was out in town on saturday night, playing taxi tho unfortunatly lol

F

faxij

cool, like in which direction - poole, new milton? or up north?
would be cool to meet up some time :)