What's new

Howaya!

L

Luddy-C

Hey, just thought I'd say hello :wave:

Been lurking about a bit but was never an owner so never joined! Fortunately Trial_S15 is selling me his, so I'll no doubt be in here regularly trying to educate myself further!

Have been driving an EK Civic for the past 3 years (don't hate me, they're amazing cars! :p), but can finally get insured on the car I've wanted for as long as I remember, so I'm delighted!

Looking forward to getting to know ye better!

Conor

L

Luddy-C

Thanks Colin! I feel like a complete S15 noob though haha :D I'll take care of her for you, don't worry :) Won't be the last time ya drive her either!

L

Luddy-C

haha, I hope so :) I find they tend to treat you as well as you treat them :)

L

Luddy-C

She's still in one piece :) and she doesn't mind the Galway roads at all. Was a bit worried about that.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Welcome dude! least you know your bought a MINT car!

Trial what are you driving now? a spec R or are you moving away from 15's?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
She's still in one piece :) and she doesn't mind the Galway roads at all. Was a bit worried about that.
I was too, the CS2's are fantastic coilovers but possibly a bit harsh for poor roads....

Tooley; I'm moving away from them for a bit but I will definately be back - the s-body bug has bit hard! I'm glad she's in good hands though... It was difficult to say the least when it came to handing over the keys but knowing she's in good hands made it a lot easier :thumbs:

L

Luddy-C

Nice1 - the Trial S15 lives on!!! :D
Damn right dude :D She's jsut getting a change of scenery! :)

Welcome dude! least you know your bought a MINT car!
Yeh man, I'm delighted with her. First thing I gotta learn is how to keep her as clean as Colin did.

I was too, the CS2's are fantastic coilovers but possibly a bit harsh for poor roads....

Tooley; I'm moving away from them for a bit but I will definately be back - the s-body bug has bit hard! I'm glad she's in good hands though... It was difficult to say the least when it came to handing over the keys but knowing she's in good hands made it a lot easier :thumbs:
haha, I'll mind her anyways don't worry! If I did find her a bit too low is it possible to give her another 10 - 20mm? Or would that mess things up? I think she might be fine though!

Reaction score
Welcome along and best of luck with it, seeing that car in the flesh first time instantly made my mind up about getting a 15 its mint, enjoy!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
haha, I'll mind her anyways don't worry! If I did find her a bit too low is it possible to give her another 10 - 20mm? Or would that mess things up? I think she might be fine though!
They're fully adjustable so you shouldn't have any trouble adjusting the height, just make sure whoever is doing it knows what they're doing and changes the alignment, camber etc to match so that the distance betweeh the centre of graviy & roll centre remains constant!

L

Luddy-C

Welcome along and best of luck with it, seeing that car in the flesh first time instantly made my mind up about getting a 15 its mint, enjoy!
haha :D I'd be happy to only drive one of these for my whole life :D

They're fully adjustable so you shouldn't have any trouble adjusting the height, just make sure whoever is doing it knows what they're doing and changes the alignment, camber etc to match so that the distance betweeh the centre of graviy & roll centre remains constant!
Good thing I asked ya so before I went messin with it :) Nah she's a good height though so it's grand so far. Just had to figure out the right angle to get in and out of the work carpark! :) The owner has no intention of repairing the place and it's feckin awful. Must take a photo for yis

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
John in Jomo is ridiculous when it comes to the set up and it was aligned by him a few weeks ago. If you raise the height on it's own the balance will be off but its yours now so go ahead! I'm just struggling with the idea that its not mine any more lol

L

Luddy-C

Ah god no man I won't touch her! I need to find out who the Nissan owners in Galway use though. Usually use my uncle for fixing general stuff but I don't think he'd have a clue about proper suspension configuration etc. There's only a handful of S15s around down here though so hopefully it won't be hassle :)

L

Luddy-C

Cool :D Once I get used to her as she is I'll look at the upgrade options ;)