What's new

I'm finally in the gang!

K

kababaka

lol I was only kidding... yes was just trying to figure out whether you are asian or not as I got confused by your reply :wack: I'm not a teacher so a bit slow at times :p

Yes S15 research purposes I like that one - as you can see female owners get us guys all excited... it's like me working in I.T. male/female ratio not balanced at all. I wish I did a degree in English/History instead of Electronic Engineering - male/female ratio was also bad there!!

Yup I'm Chinese but been living here for over 17 years... have a local accent but still enjoy Chinese food although I'd honestly eat anything lol :D

haha my boyfriend was making jokes saying that all the boys on this forum will get excited when you tell them you're a girl...I said very matter of factly: "Actually, the people on the S15 forum are very mature! nobody has said anything of the sort!":wack:

Chinese?, working in IT? AND into modified cars! Thats very cliche! lol :D...although you do some photography too right?

Yeah I like having something different to my other female friends. I'm not big into cars being fast and tuning and modifications all that-but I was after a car that I liked the look of. It's also nice to have something to remind me of my time in Japan - I saw some pretty amazing cars over there, just in the street.

I think standard, in red the S15 belongs to nobody but a girl! I think it's a pretty girly car! :rotfl: I just think, in the UK at least, girls aren't going to go importing cars and giving a ****. I think those who do, like me, tend to have some help:smitten:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
"Actually, the people on the S15 forum are very mature! nobody has said anything of the sort!"
Well there are a few oldies lol :p but then again there are some chavy wot nots like me haha :D

Chinese?, working in IT? AND into modified cars! Thats very cliche! lol
Tell me about it... someone once said "you're Asian with a rice car - if you can't drift nobody can..." lmao!! But I have a healthy obsession with Japanese culture and food. I'd love to go visit Tokyo, Osaka and obviously drop into the Auto Salon and maybe catch some nice rides at the Daikoku Futo :) I spent many a time watching videos of Smokey Nagata and admiring tuners like Top Secret, M's, Top Fuel and Garage Saurus. I will get there one day... recently did Nurburgring in Silvia which was a 6 year dream in the pipeline realised. Only a few more years and I'll get myself a ticket (most likely with my kids) and get to Tokyo hehe ;)

K

kababaka

craig8585 - Not long no, plus I am a girl and therefore innocent and naive! :rolleyes:

...although I have been on and off here all day...my TV is broke

Lupix_s15 - shame the yen is so expensive lately:down:! I doubt i'll be back over visiting for a while! I hope you meant take your kids to Japan, not exchange them for tickets :wack:

F

faxij

hehe, mature... :rotfl::rotfl:

just guessed, idk...sometimes i seem to know. with lupix, i didnt realize he's asian although he's got a pic in his signature :wack::wack::wack:

Love women being into such cars, tuning or not..as long they've still got an elegant female side to 'em ;)

Your boyfriend must be happy to have you :nod:

K

kababaka

hehe, mature... :rotfl::rotfl:

just guessed, idk...sometimes i seem to know. with lupix, i didnt realize he's asian although he's got a pic in his signature :wack::wack::wack:

Love women being into such cars, tuning or not..as long they've still got an elegant female side to 'em ;)

Your boyfriend must be happy to have you :nod:
haha!

Elegant? - haha - that sounds tall...i'm picturing cruella de-ville using her S15 to munch up puppy's - I'd say i'm more the cute variety :D:p

Damn straight! although I'm pretty lucky to have him, means I get to have an S15 but not do any of the mucky stuff :nod:
It's pretty funny, my Dad is in the motor trade, despite the fact he's into bikes a little more than cars.He's always sorted out car stuff for me. When I took the S15 up to my parents place he gave it a good old inspection (ie: inspecting whether my boyfriend is an idiot or not) he didn't have a bad word to say! He looked mildly irritated and also pleased. Men are funny!
a friend of his used to have one of these-I remember it actually:

So it triggered a few anecdotes! :cool:
I think he secretly wants an S15! haha

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hes chinese trying to be japanese :p saying that im welshanese!
Who's trying to be what?!?!? I'm just confused!!!!!

Bloody skippies!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha Tooley damn riiiight... I'm doing what Kiki did with 'Option Motorsport' when that was knocking about in the UK a few years back. He was from Thailand and stole the Japanese 'Option' name and got everyone into drifting and using his garage when it had no associations with Option in JDM land. They weren't too happy about it esp down to the fact he wasn't Japanese lmao :D

I'm doing the same - if someone asks me where I'm from I say 'Yokohama... have you heard of the Wangan?' ;)

Kababaka - lol you've given me the idea to sell my kids for tickets to Japan. I was gonna take them but this is even better as I'll have spending money for a few bling bling bits and pieces :thumbs:

Meddler - I was confused so I had to ask the question direct haha... 'so, you're asian girl or what??' :wack: :wack:

K

kababaka

HAHA Lupix_S15 I did not give you that idea! How very dare you!:ghey:

Yokohama was where I lived for most of my time in Japan. There's a pretty huge modified car scene there - not sure where the drift spots were but I think they weren't fair from my station. I used to see some suspicious looking cars at early hours of the morning around there :thumbs:
I also had a Bosozoku problem right outside my house! PESKY KIDS!:furious:

Reaction score
Hi Kababaka,

Sorry to just jump into the convesation but you said you lived in Yokohama! Thats where I lived For 8 years till I moved over here for uni and work 4 years ago. My parents still live out there so I do go back when i get a long enough brake from work.

Love the car, and I do like the ichigo in red, its a nice rare colour to have in the Uk. Speaking of red Silvia's have you ever popped into T&E aka Vertex while you where in Yokohama? I didnt notice there head shop was located in Yokohama till a couple of years ago but the guys there are brilliant! especially uechan the owner of T&E, he's serious about S15's.:thumbs:

Its a bit late in the game but welcome to the club :wave:

F

faxij

my point is just a woman should be a woman - not a man in a women's body ;)

anyways, im a bit jealous you have such a dad...my parents always try to convince me that faster than 130 (kph) is being insane and trying to kill oneself :rolleyes:

anyways, thought i'd get a huuuuge turbo with a big lag, then i'll just keep it under 4k if they ride along with me... :rotfl:

btw, what's a bosozoku problem :confused::|

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
just because she likes cars, doens't make her a man in a womans body.

K

kababaka

Hi Kababaka,

Sorry to just jump into the convesation but you said you lived in Yokohama! Thats where I lived For 8 years till I moved over here for uni and work 4 years ago. My parents still live out there so I do go back when i get a long enough brake from work.

Love the car, and I do like the ichigo in red, its a nice rare colour to have in the Uk. Speaking of red Silvia's have you ever popped into T&E aka Vertex while you where in Yokohama? I didnt notice there head shop was located in Yokohama till a couple of years ago but the guys there are brilliant! especially uechan the owner of T&E, he's serious about S15's.:thumbs:

Its a bit late in the game but welcome to the club :wave:
Woah cool! where abouts? I lived Near Shin Sugita station along the Keihen Toyoku line. :) 8 years is a long time?! What were you doing out there? Do you have family who are Japanese? Or did you parents move there for work?
I didn't go to vertex, but I think it's near garage weld! I did go there! We were going to find vertex after but we were wandering a lot that day and as soon as we found weld we headed home haha! Most car related stuff I did was in Nagoya where my bf lived. It's him who is into cars really, i'm just about the S15...i'm still not fully into the JDM culture...for example I refuse to put stickers on the outside of my car....diary/notebook yes, car...no! Only under the bonnet! lol.

Faxij: I wouldn't say i'm the "girl racer" type. I consider myself pretty girly! :ghey: I'm into my S15 not big into the JDM culture i'm just around it a lot! haha ....not really sure what a man in a girl's body means...I guess you just mean girls should be feminine! Sure, guys should be masculine too...but these days the lines are blurred don't you think?

Bosozuku are Japanese people who modify thier bikes to be very very loud and then ride up and down during the early hours of the morning revving their bikes in a kind of song! The ones near me were the younger scooter riding kids! Very annoying!

Last edited:
K

kababaka

Did you see their chaser *LOVES*??!! POW POW :D

Yes- they were fixing something on it!
I like it too! I was routing for it at D1 Odaiba, but didn't qualify. :D
I used to see the Hamurger every morning on the way to work, right next to my station! I used to tell Mat (Mitto) when I first met him "oh yeh i see a drift car every morning" he just thought i didn't know what i was on about even though i'd insisted it was a pretty bad ass looking car. Then one day I took a photo as it pulled up right next to me...i read "produced by weld on the side" and sent Mat the photo and told him what the name was! haha he was like OMG! THATS THE CAR YOU SEE EVERY MORNING!:eek: Thats a world famouscompany!"...I was like "told you"!:nod: We went to Weld because I called it my local team! When I went there the guy with the red car who is in a wheelchair was there, and the hamburger car was there too park out front. I like how Hamburger used his car as a daily! It was super loud!:thumbs::notworthy:Love them!

F

faxij

just because she likes cars, doens't make her a man in a womans body.
Not at all! But I think something was lost in translation there...poor Faxij is digging himself a hole! haha
jup sorry meddler, not what i meant!

just saying there are some women that just act like men - working like men, drinking like men, dressing like men, talking like men, walk about farting and burping and what else. that's what's not my thing really (well the extreme's of these things, i do generally not mind "mild" versions of the above and also im very tolerant, it's just a personal dislike if women act more "masculine" than me..)

i do love women who are not afraid of getting their hands dirty once in a while, like cars, maybe even the technical part of it...but i think kaba put it perfectly correctly that they should be feminine ;)

so basically, it's not really what women do, but how they do it.. ;)

bosozuku kids sound annoying..one place i lived in denmark there were many young guys driving old smaller cars, drilled up there exhausts or installed 3+ inch jdm-exhausts...very loud and especially inappropriate, as these were generally stock and had less than 150 bhp approx.. :annoyed:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes- they were fixing something on it!
I like it too! I was routing for it at D1 Odaiba, but didn't qualify. :D
I used to see the Hamurger every morning on the way to work, right next to my station! I used to tell Mat (Mitto) when I first met him "oh yeh i see a drift car every morning" he just thought i didn't know what i was on about even though i'd insisted it was a pretty bad ass looking car. Then one day I took a photo as it pulled up right next to me...i read "produced by weld on the side" and sent Mat the photo and told him what the name was! haha he was like OMG! THATS THE CAR YOU SEE EVERY MORNING!:eek: Thats a world famouscompany!"...I was like "told you"!:nod: We went to Weld because I called it my local team! When I went there the guy with the red car who is in a wheelchair was there, and the hamburger car was there too park out front. I like how Hamburger used his car as a daily! It was super loud!:thumbs::notworthy:Love them!
No waaay!!! lol awesome :D

I was trying to find a vid of their drift cars (like the one above) on YouTube as I seen it a while back but cannot find it anymore :( boooo