What's new

New from Germany

K

K-Sport Germany

Hello Everybody!

My name is Rene Roesel. I'm master of engineering and owner of K-Sport Germany and FiberSports. Building cars and their components is my profession.

I bought a S15 spec R some weeks ago to make a sure race car from it. We want to take part at the German drift series, the German Tuner Grandprix and some other series.

The car is in the build at the moment, so I don't have nice pictures of it. But here are some:

It is a pleasure to own such a great car and to be member of your club!

Reaction score
Country
Hi and WTTC :)

Is that K-Sport the manufacturers of brake kits and coilovers ? What part of ownership then, the Germany area of distribution ?

I read your doing a V8 conversion, please keep us updated with this project including as many pictures as possible :)

K

K-Sport Germany

Hi Jez!

Yes, we are doing the distribution, development and street legalization for Germany and Austria. We are building the car to use it for races, exhibitions and on the street as well. The build is in process. We did weld in a FIA certificated roll cage, pull out all Nissan engine components and are building the bodywork of the car at the moment. The V8 installation will be one of the next steps.

I would be happy to keep you updated with pictures! In which section? Members rides?

Best regsards, René.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Welcome René :)

It looks like you have a big project there! Which V8 engine will you be using? Members rides would be the correct place for your project thread.

K

K-Sport Germany

Hello Craig,

we bought a 6Litre Chevy LS2 engine. It is for example used in the current Corvette C6. It works together with a Tremec T56 6-speed gearbox. This package offers us 404HP of reliable NA power which will stand the hard racing use. The engine can be charged very easy up to 650HP without any changes to the engine internals. With some new rods, pistons, bolts and bearings there are 850, 1000 or more HP possible. The raw power and reliability had been the reasons to choose the LS2 engine. It is an full alloy engine and will be not much heavier than the SR20DET. May be 20kg which we will safe by driving without any interior and using a lot of plastic and carbon...

Best regards, René.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, there are a few S-body's running LS2's over here too, a few of which with the superchargers that you mentioned. You should get you a lot of torque along with the 400+hp! Do you plan to modify the engine or leave it standard? I imagine one of your issues will be traction, unless you plan to drift?!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
S15 + V8 :smitten:

Welcome to the club mate watching with interest.
Need a V8 in my life at some point maybe just maybe if I ever get the money

K

K-Sport Germany

Hello Suspect!

The V8 conversion isn't that expensive. You can get the engine, transmission and parts for the conversion for around 10000€. You can easy pay more for a good engine tune up of the SR20DET...! Don't forget you can you sub the money which you will get for the SR20DET and gearbox when doing a V8 conversion...

@ Craig:

Except a dry sump lubrication we will leave the engine standard at first to get it running into the car. When it runs and we have the experience with it we will start to get more power out of the LS2. But not this season. May be in winter...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Love the S15's with sexy V8 LS conversions!!! :D

Welcome to the club René and look forward to seeing more photos and progress details :thumbs:

K

K-Sport Germany

Hello LuPix_S15!

Thank you for your post! I will keep you updated about the works on my S15!