What's new

G'day from Brisbane Australia

V

Vandal

Hello all,

Nice site. I drive a pewter AU s15. Pretty much stock except for Magnaflow catback. When my bank account allows, plan on getting hks split dump/front pipe, cold air intake, 18" rims, aero front bar (or decent copy). Cheers guys

Reaction score
Welcome aboard mate.
Vandal said:
plan on getting hks split dump/front pipe
Since your in BrisVegas, maybe you should have a second thought about the HKS split dump pipe/front pipe and go an visit the guys at CES and get one of their Dump and front pipes in 1 :D it will be the best decision you will make.

V

Vandal

dcoghlan said:
Welcome aboard mate.
Vandal said:
plan on getting hks split dump/front pipe
Since your in BrisVegas, maybe you should have a second thought about the HKS split dump pipe/front pipe and go an visit the guys at CES and get one of
their Dump and front pipes in 1 :D it will be the best decision you will make.

Yeah, I had thought about getting one, but had heard a couple of people complaining that the pipes crapped themselves after a short time- positive feedback seems to outweigh the negative though. Xforce (much cheaper) do a HKS copy, but haven't heard a lot about them. Am going to do a little more research before deciding.

Does anyone think it's worthwhile getting a high flow cat as well? Not sure how restrictive the OEM cat is.

Reaction score
The earlier versions of the CES dump pipe had issues with cracking around the welds at the top of the pipe. But the design was revised and they now use a thicker metal for the pipe.

As for whether or not to get a high flow cat, your standard S15 cat will suffice untill you reach about 180-190rwkw. If you plan on going further then you will need to change it for a higher flowing one.

V

Vandal

dcoghlan said:
The earlier versions of the CES dump pipe had issues with cracking around the welds at the top of the pipe. But the design was revised and they now use a thicker metal for the pipe.

As for whether or not to get a high flow cat, your standard S15 cat will suffice untill you reach about 180-190rwkw. If you plan on going further then you will need to change it for a higher flowing one.
Didn't know design has been revised. Worth thinking about, because would prefer one-piece with lower wastegate pipe.

Won't be around that power mark any time soon- :mad: - bloody house renovations drain too much cash

A

Ansch

Hey, I'm from brisbane too.. and a pewter s15 to add!.. :D I ditto with the CES. Got mine a few months ago and no problems with it. Trevor at CES was very helpful and they know what they're doing with their dump pipes. Check out my post in the member's ride area to see the dyno result..

Let me know if you'd like to check out the dump pipe on my car..

S

Speed Demo

:wave: Hi there am from brissie as well, might organise for a meet up soon

A

Ansch

southside here! :wave: definitely should do a meet up of s15's.. show these UK guys up.. :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ansch said:
southside here! :wave: definitely should do a meet up of s15's.. show these UK guys up.. :D
You should have seen the S15 meet we had in Sweden a month ago :D
We had 3 S15 in the same place. Had to get reinforcement from Norway to be able to break the figure 2 :)
I think that was all the legal S15s in Scandinavia. Awesome sight :D

S

Speed Demo

Yakozan said:
Ansch said:
You should have seen the S15 meet we had in Sweden a month ago :D
We had 3 S15 in the same place. Had to get reinforcement from Norway to be able to break the figure 2 :)
I think that was all the legal S15s in Scandinavia. Awesome sight :D
Lol S15 must be very rare over there hey.

Anyway for Brissie beep do u guy wanna meet up next weekend for a drive or some coffee even just to get to know the faces. just post here what you guy want to do.

A

Ansch

I'm taking photos for the Queensland Challenge next weekend so I'm out this weekend. How many s15s can we round up? It's like three of us here at the moment :D

V

Vandal

Yeah, I am also out this weekend, as I will be fitting my dump and front pipe finally. Given my puny office worker arms :ghey: it could take a while.

Is there only 3 people from Brisbane here?