What's new

N00B

T

Toby

Good Morning Gents, and any laayydeeze that may be amoung us?

I've just sold my Elise, and have a hankering for something Jap and RWD again.

I have had my heart set on an RX7 for a month or 2 now, but finding it hard to find one that meets my needs, so thought I would see what the S15 is allabout.

Has anyone got any direct experience between the 2?

I imagine the S15 is in general a much cheaper and reliable car to run?

Being the 2.5, how much more tunable are they then the s14a? I'm really hunting for 300bhp ATW+

Thanks in advance all!

S

S15 SILVIA

The S15 has much the same engine as the S14! They both have the SR20DET engine, but there are some slight differences between them. Not too sure exactly what, but sure someone else wil tell you.
They are all 2.0 too.
Some early S15 also had ball bearing turbos fitted!
S15 have 250 bhp standard, so shouldn't be too hard to reach 300hp
Good luck in finding one if you do decide to get one!
The S15 and RX7 are both sexy ass cars!!
Mike

T

Toby

Yes I just read somewhere else they are not the 2.5 i always thought - No idea where i got that from.

Whats the std turbo safe to bhp wise?

any body on here track there S15's?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the standard turbo is tuneable to about 320bhp maxing it out and the afm and injectors. you can reach this for little money, gains of about 70bhp for a spend of about a grand. after that you can swap turbos and do a few more bits to open it up towards 400bhp. lots of people run 400bhp on standard internals on s14's which is the same engine but to make the most of it a forge would be best. s15 has a nice 6 speed gearbox on the turbo models and great handling for a rear wheel drive car.

T

Toby

Ahh excellent, really looking for 300ATW so a larger turbo not working very hard for reliability at about 350-400 ATF would be ideal

Is there anything like that for sale atm>? I really want to buy a car thats done.