What's new

Hi from Notts

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought its best i put up a post as i've been browsing a while and using your guides :)

I'm Neil, 24 and from north Nottingham. I've wanted an S15 for a while as i go to a lot of Jap meets. My last car was a facelift Celica TSport (Gen 7 new shape) which had a lot of money spent on it after it went on a Dyno and came out with 177hp with Mods from a '190'. It reached 176@hubs so approx. 197-206@fly with a good list of N/A Mods, then December last year the back end came out in which i ended up hitting 5 trees and 2 sets of sign posts using the latter set as ramps to do a mid-air 180. I was absolutely gutted.

I had over 2 months scratching walls whilst i looked for its replacement, i started with the idea of an S15 then thought of everything else Jap, ITR, CTR, ATR, R32GTR etc and was seriously looking for an S14a. Luckily i couldn't find 1 i was willing to buy as i'm quite fussy about my cars so came back to the idea of an S15.

I ended up buying an S15 off this forum! His username i believe is JustTheJedi and is a sound guy. The car is a Pewter grey Spec-R but it came with a few things that need changing.

Plans:

Its had most of the undersealing done i've just got to find time to get the arches done
Stock boost gauge had a faulty sender unit so i replaced it with a new gauge
Kenwood 7" DVD player
Coilovers to get it sat right though theres a slope coming onto my drive (Celica was -30mm)
18's but not decided as theres way too much choice lol
Downpipe, De-cat, cat back
Wastegate flutter either pigeon or a re-circ valve
Respray as its peppered with chips
HEL braided hoses have been fitted as a mate got them for free becoming an authorised dealer i believe.
Hicas is strange so want to lock it out for summer and back on in winter! Turning circle is great but it just interfears too much for my likeing and stops you having fun.

Anyway, great forum you have and thanks for the guides

Hopefully i'll bump into a few of you at some meets, Pod being a good favourite, and have a drool over your cars

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the club pal. :)

Sounds like a monster of a crash, be glad you walked away from it...

Reaction score
WTTC mate :wave:

Sorry to hear about the crash... glad your ok!! :thumbs:

Get some pics up when you have time!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
welcome to s15oc :) watch the back end on this mate - it will step out a hell of a lot easier than the celica and you dont want that ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Sounds like you like your sideways lol... OJ glad you came out ok and have moved on to the ultimate Jap FR woop :D

Like the sound of your plans so lots of pics please :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Yea it was a nasty crash but 1 of them things i guess, i'd owned the car for 3 1/2 years and it finished with 39,393 miles on the clock. Its getting rebuilt by some guys in Rotherham so be careful if anyone looks at it, FE53 FUJ, it not pass an MOT etc with the setup it currently has and will go into limp mode.

CTR owners didn't like it lol
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/Neil_TSport/?action=view&current=MOV00057.flv
:(

And here is my Silvia :D

Cd player is now the Kenwood DVD which is in black

The back end defo steps out easier on this, it snowed when i picked it up which was scary! It only started to drift turning onto the M1 sliproad from a round-a-bout, it came out a little but was easy to get back in line (a lot easier than a mates old S14a!). I've been into drifting for years and would love to do a DWYB day but don't think i can in this its too nice.

I've not got any pics yet but i'll update when i've done most of the mods :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ouch!! Bet you're glad the Celica didn't go on to hit the lampost cos that would have been an even more nasty impact!!!

Silvia looks sweet - very tidy. Nice platform to start from :)

I dunno... if you're into drifting and get used to the car I bet you'll be itching to take her to DWYB hehe ;)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
hmmm... factory sat nav. Nice car.

Reaction score
I would have loved factory sat nav in mine!! :( Even though it only does Japan :wack:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
There are ways to fix that. Put in a carpc

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
ahh you git you have a sat nav!"!!!! nice!! looking clean and stock!! any plans for it?

Me (James) LuPix (james) and Jams15 (James) often go to DWYB in our 15's so be cool if you could come down also! :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea i had to get out of that door lol

I wanted to link the sat-nav screen to my DVD but the connector has slightly bigger prongs on it which is a shame, if i can't link the screens together i'd like to try and get the freeview receiver working and make the screen useful.

Glad you guys like it anyway, though it dont show up the dodgy repair job on the drivers rear quarter thats painted in 2 or 3 different colours, front bumper don't quite line up drivers side, bonnet sits too far down and theres pretty much a deep stone chip on every panel including the roof! Hence the respray when its done.

When are you guys going to a DWYB? I'd be very interested in going even to watch, theres a few drifters from my way who go and Chunk is a legend :cool: Wednesdays are bad for me though due to work

Jay

Reaction score
15.4 in a ctr.... poor effort lol!! i had a best of 14.5 running about 210bhp in my old ep3 (i got a soft spot for those)