What's new

New to the nissan silvia scene advice pleeeaasse :)

Reaction score
Country
hi everyone

im new to the nissan scene but lately the nissan silvia spec r has caught my eye and got me saving my pennys for one.

if any can give me some good directions on buying one or do's and dont's with one and anything to watch out for with the silvias during ownership i would be most greatfull.

i will be getting 1 within next 6months i hope.

thank you for any feedback :)

Reaction score
Country
well i say 6 months it has come down to the next month or asap lol.i cant wait lol.

need to sell my integra 1st thow :(

be my 1st rwd car bit worryed to be honest not that dangerous isit ??

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Just respect the fact that its a RWD car when you drive it and you will be fine. I've not had to many problems with mine and my last car was a KA sport!:wack: Use mine as my daily driver come rain, shine and yes the snow too.

Know your limits and don't drive like a tit and much fun will be had.:nod:

Good luck with your search you will not regret it.:thumbs:

Jay

Reaction score
same as above^^^

i have a spec r as my daily driver, and came from a long line of fwd hot hatches. it takes a little getting used to, but show it a little respect and take the time to get to know the car's characteristics, you will not regret buying the s15.

the car is pretty honest, and will let you know if there is an issue, but as soon as possible after purchase, i would recommend a rolling road session, particularly if the car comes modified. this will tell you if the car is running rich/lean. (plus it will give you those all important power figures!)

good luck with the purchase and welcome!

Reaction score
Country
Ye definitly I wouldn't wanna drive it like a tit anyway it's alot of money to smash up and id feel a tit haha

I have a Jdm 96 spec integra dc2

done me wonders over the past few years but I feel a turbo can only replace it.

And a silvia spec r hopefuly the aero kit too can fill it's parking space :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
all good advice here. If you really want to know how your car behaves, I suggest you try it on the track. Not only will you have a blast, you will find out how much fun you can have and also learn your limits.

Reaction score
Youve allready got the advice you need so ill just say WTTC :wave: lol

Ohh if you need to know anything about the car then 90% of the time it will have already been covered on here so have a search and itll pop up! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Ye nice one :)

well thank you to everyone for the advice as soon as I get 1 I will get some pics up :)

cheers every1

Jay

Reaction score
hey jayonc is that your car in the pic?was it on pistonheads recently?
yep, that was the one. it needed a lil tidying up as had been a lil neglected and i managed to negotiate a discount to reflect this. under the skin its all sound and runs real nice. took a bit of a punt on it, but so far it seems to be a good un (jay touches wood, and not the phallic kind!)

Reaction score
Country
ye i seen it on there n if i had the money in time i wuda had it lol.looks nice m8 :)

Jay

Reaction score
ye i seen it on there n if i had the money in time i wuda had it lol.looks nice m8 :)

thanks mate, there is a few bits n pieces to sort (scratch on boot, new rear lights coz they misting up badly etc) but yeah, im happy!!

Reaction score
Country
ye i seen the scratch on the boot.dint notice the lights in the pics.

well i hope the car goes well mate i cant wait to get mine soon enough :)