What's new

s15 spec s

G

gary1

hi guys i have been a honda driver for yrs .
i've just bought a s15 spec s n/a for going to work,due to that i do lot of miles.
would like to know any mods like exhaust, induction kit ,4 branch manifold etc.

G

gary1

thats very helpful.

i think i will start on manifold ,de-cat,exhaust and induction kit.
save a bit more and go for cams and piggy back ecu.

S

S15 SILVIA

Does look nice mate. Welcome to the club. Like the wheel fitment there!
Mike

S

S15 SILVIA

What are the wheels, and their dimensions mate. Ie width, offset etc?
Just out if curiosity, food for thought and all that jazz!
Lol
Mike

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
thats very helpful.

i think i will start on manifold ,de-cat,exhaust and induction kit.
save a bit more and go for cams and piggy back ecu.
Look into the engine swap before you go spending money on the SR20DE, it does seem to be the cheaper route to go for some decent power - but I would love to see the results of a new header, a Nistune & some cams :D

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
I use my non turbo on track a couple of times a year and it is a lot of fun but I've refused to buy any tuning bits for the DE (header, cams etc) because it doesn't appear to have a whole lot to give... I have talked to a lad who owns a non turbo S13 with 220bhp, some yoke to go but it had thousands spent on it in Japan before it was imported...

G

gary1

I use my non turbo on track a couple of times a year and it is a lot of fun but I've refused to buy any tuning bits for the DE (header, cams etc) because it doesn't appear to have a whole lot to give... I have talked to a lad who owns a non turbo S13 with 220bhp, some yoke to go but it had thousands spent on it in Japan before it was imported...
the s13 de sound interesting,wounder what spec is it?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
The owner didn't know, it has an SR20VE head, with cams, ECU & some internal work... There's an AE86 that competes in the drifting in Northern Ireland with a forged SR20DE - it's for sale at the moment actually!!

chelle83

Reaction score
I own an S spec and use it daily for work, I love her to bits and dont regret not having an R-type. I've just got some new wheels for her too so as soon as we get them fitted I'l post some pics up x

G

gary1

I own an S spec and use it daily for work, I love her to bits and dont regret not having an R-type. I've just got some new wheels for her too so as soon as we get them fitted I'l post some pics up x
please come on spec s.

Reaction score
Country
ive come to the conclusion it will be cheaper to just put a 14's DET in, then to bother spending any money on tuning a DE, cost around $3000 NZD + cert, would make 220bhp before anything was done to modify it. then another $5000 for turbo, injectors, ECU & tune (LSD as well) 300 - 350 bhp this is all based on whats avail in my part of the world

G

gary1

ive come to the conclusion it will be cheaper to just put a 14's DET in, then to bother spending any money on tuning a DE, cost around $3000 NZD + cert, would make 220bhp before anything was done to modify it. then another $5000 for turbo, injectors, ECU & tune (LSD as well) 300 - 350 bhp this is all based on whats avail in my part of the world
true.

may do that later.