What's new

New owner from UK

E

Emperor

hi all,
just got my s15 spec s a week now.
drives very good and comfort. hop can meet some people here and share some information of the 15.

my car have a small problem, it is the standard oil pressure gauge, sometimes its work but not always.
can anyone tell me how to fix it / where should i look at?
thank you very much.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Welcome pal :) I can't help you with the gauge but I'm sure someone on here will help you out..

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nearly posted 'what standard oil pressure gauge'. Then I read you had a Spec S. Spec S specific stuff is a bit of a mystery to most people due to their rarity. I'd suggest checking the connector in the pod first, then try to find the pressure sensor and check that.

E

Emperor

THANKS mate,
so you are saying there not many spec S in UK? well i got one now, if you want me to looking into any details or post up and photo please give me a shout.
i did check the plug at the back of the gauage, all good. the pressure sensor was a bit tricky, cause it hide behind the engine block to in-let manifold brace, my hade cant get into there. :(
regards

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Until recently, it was impossible to bring in the Spec S after the rules changed in 2004. More are coming through now though. It's more the technical details which are a mystery, as there is no Spec S workshop manual in English.

Yes, the location for fitting oil pressure/temp sensors is generally a complete PITA to get to on the SR20. The filter is also a pain too. This is possibly why, if your sensor has gone, the last owner never bothered fixing it. It's much easier to access it from underneath when the car's on a ramp.