What's new

Greetings from Kuala Lumpur

K

kazama

Yakozan said:
Nice :)

I'm been thinking about getting the Uras type 4 kit.
Have a look at www.japanparts.com. The URAS kits in frp are quite cheap there :thumbs:

If you find anything cheaper, let me know :thumbs:

hey there Yakozan,

Those prices in the website do not include postage/handling and tax, right ?
I can get those prices delivered direct from Japan thru my friends.
Get the V-system instead of FRP, much better and wont break as easily.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kazama said:
Yakozan said:

Have a look at www.japanparts.com. The URAS kits in frp are quite cheap there :thumbs:

hey there Yakozan,

Nice to have friends :D
I'm looking for the cheapest price in Japan. A friend of mine takes care of the freight and stuff :)
So the V-system is much better?

Have to think about getting V-system. I'm after a cheap kit for next year. And the regular frp should do for me. I can probobly get it fixed for free if it breaks. only have to pay for respray.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Sound like an interesting project mate :thumbs: keep us updated once you get it going

T

Tom

:wave: hey dude those mirrors are the dogs :thumbs: best of luck with her

K

kazama

Yakozan said:
kazama said:
Yakozan said:

hey there Yakozan,

Nice to have friends :D
I'm looking for the cheapest price in Japan. A friend of mine takes care of the freight and stuff :)
So the V-system is much better?

Have to think about getting V-system. I'm after a cheap kit for next year. And the regular frp should do for me. I can probobly get it fixed for free if it breaks. only have to pay for respray.

yakozan,

yeah man, friends are always good to have. :D
the V-system seems to be able to flex/bend/etc, as shown in the URAS catalogue.
If I were to get an Uras kit, I'll get the V-system one even though its a bit pricy.
One of the S15s here had the kit and he banged the tire wall while drifting and
the kit didnt have any damage on it whatsoever bro ! :thumbs:

also try to avoid D-max as the fitment of their kits arent top notch as compared to Uras & Vertex. ;)

Cheers mate. :)

K

kazama

Topper said:
Sound like an interesting project mate :thumbs: keep us updated once you get it going

Will do mate, will do. Cheers to ya :nod: :thumbs:

Reaction score
kazama said:
TI'm planning to get the Uras kit type 5 (V-system), Uras FRP fenders and
also the lowest Uras GT wing and spray my car white/pearl white.
But it wont be so soon, probably a couple of months till I get it all done. :eek:
I have ordered the URAS GT carbon fibre wing and its getting installed on my car in the next couple of days for a car show this weekend. I ended up getting the mid height one, so when its fitted I will take some pics for all to see

K

kazama

dcoghlan said:
kazama said:
TI'm planning to get the Uras kit type 5 (V-system), Uras FRP fenders and
also the lowest Uras GT wing and spray my car white/pearl white.
But it wont be so soon, probably a couple of months till I get it all done. :eek:
I have ordered the URAS GT carbon fibre wing and its getting installed on my car in the next couple of days for a car show this weekend. I ended up getting the mid height one, so when its fitted I will take some pics for all to see

mate,

your car is freaking sweet ! :nod: :thumbs:

I'll be waiting for the pics.. :)

C

CarismaGT

Nicely said:
I'd get a set of those Ganador mirrors if only they folded... :nod:

Didn't see any S15s when I was in KL last year... :(
hehehe... mayb they are all hiding knowing ur in town.. JK JK... me and couple of owners started Nissan Silvia & 180SX Owner Club in Msia... we used to have only 3 registered S15 owners in 2004 but now we have more than 15units of S15 registered members with us... and a few more from Singapore... we now have around 50 registered members where by S13 and 180SX made up most of the figures...

M

mongoose

kazama said:
Hey there guys,

My name's Nick, 21 years of age and I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I'm new to this forum and I just got myself a 2001 JDM S15.
The car is still in the dealer awaiting to get registered.
Can't wait for it to be safe at home ! :D

It comes with the following items :

sunroof
sat-nav
18" WORK VS-XX
Apexi cat back exhaust
aftermarket GT wing
CF Ganador mirrors
13" Momo race steering

Cheers to all ! :thumbs:

Hi Nick,

I'm from Singapore. How is it like in Malaysia when it comes to importing cars from japan? We have a restriction that the cars cannot be registered in their country of origin for more than 3 years. This means all the nice cars like the FD3S, R34 GTR and S15 are no longer importable into Singapore...

K

kazama

CarismaGT said:
Nick: From GTS to Jazz then to A31 then now S15 hehehehe....

Dennis, starting from when I just got my licence.

2002 = Putra M21
2003 = R33 GTSt
2004 = Honda Fit
2005 = KE70 (SR20det) - 1st drift car
2006 = Cefiro A31 - 2nd drift car
mid 2006 = S15 :smitten:

:)

K

kazama

mongoose said:
Hi Nick,

I'm from Singapore. How is it like in Malaysia when it comes to importing cars from japan? We have a restriction that the cars cannot be registered in their country of origin for more than 3 years. This means all the nice cars like the FD3S, R34 GTR and S15 are no longer importable into Singapore...

Hey mongoose,

Sorry for the very late reply. :eek:

Malaysia is more lenient in that kind of way, we can import cars that are not more than 5 years from its build date.
but the tax in Malaysia is bad, same goes with SG as well right ? We still have 34 GTR's coming in, and also S15s.
an R34 GTR V-spec costs +/- RM 280k here and an S15 would cost +/- RM150k.

What car are you driving there in Singapaore ?

p/s.. I love sg chicks... :nod: :thumbs:

K

kazama

Jerry_c said:
Hi!! Nick. I'm Jerry from malaysia too. I stay in Sabah. I love CF Ganador mirrors Wish i can get one :(

Nice to meet you Jerry ! I heard that there's alot of nice JDM cars in Sabah .. am i right ?

If you can, don't get the CF ganador mirrors, its cool but mine started to peel off,
and the thing with these mirrors is that they're not actually CF, they're CF look only (sticker).
thats why mine was starting to peel off so I just told the spray shop to spray it white.

FRP = RM 900, half CF look = RM 1500, full CF look = RM 1800, prices are +/-

to me, i dont think its worth it to spend the extra money to buy CF look which would peel off after something.

Cheers mate !

Reaction score
Hi Kazama :wave: yah you are right, recently alot JDM cars in Sabah. S15 and RX8 is alot here.

:eek: Oh~~ i see, is sad to hear that cause starting to peel off. Can i know how much you bought the mirror?
Yah is not worth to spend that money. Thanks mate :)

G

gunner93

Hi Nick. My first post here. I saw your S15 in Under 5 USJ1. Great bodykits. Hope to see it under dyno for the horses spilling out of the SR man.

From ZTH and DCM, there were 30++ registered S15 owners. So my rough guess would be about 50 over S15 in Malaysia. Mostly in KL.

So if you see me with my pewter lightning bolt plying along the LDP, just flash or honk twice and I will know you are from the same club/family. Finally, steady with the right pedal man... I know its tempting...Guahahaha!

Last edited: