What's new

Hi, and question about 2001 Spec R

T

tmus

Hi

i'm new here and been looking and reading up alot on S15s.

can you register a 2001 S15 Spec R now? i've read post about model report only going up to 12.2000.

but that was in 2007.

and also does any trader here do SVA preparation, test and Register service on a fresh import?

thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
you are right.... officially, you can't register a 2001 in the uk. :)

welcome btw! :D

M

Manny

well thas a bummer...i was wanting to get a 2002 S15 Spec R imported if i cud find one...

as Miss S15 said..how comes u cant register an S15 2001 onwards? if its to do with an import thing i cant see how they stop u since u can register 2004 facelift DC5's here in the UK :confused:

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
you are right.... officially, you can't register a 2001 in the uk. :)

welcome btw! :D
^^^^ As he says you cannot 'legally' register an S15 SpecR in the UK manufactured after the end of 2000 due to the model report not existing. From what i recall these cost quite a lot of money to produce and no one has obviously thought it worth it to extend the S15 until its final production dates in 2002.

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
dont be disheartened though you can still get some good 2000 models..:thumbs:

M

Manny

^^^^ As he says you cannot 'legally' register an S15 SpecR in the UK manufactured after the end of 2000 due to the model report not existing. From what i recall these cost quite a lot of money to produce and no one has obviously thought it worth it to extend the S15 until its final production dates in 2002.

ahh so basically the 'newest' S15 i can legally drive in the UK can only have bin made in 2000? damn...

this may seem farfetched but how much roughly would a model report cost to make and where cud i go about gettin one of these made?

M

Manny

dont be disheartened though you can still get some good 2000 models..:thumbs:

ahh see im tryna get hold of a low mileage Spec R hence y i wanted a 2002 model...but what kinda mileage can u expect to see on a very late 2000 model?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It depends entirely on how much you want to spend. It doesnt matter how old the car is, just how its been used and looked after. I would much prefer a well looked after 2000 model than a 2002 that hasnt had an oil change for 20k.

M

Manny

It depends entirely on how much you want to spend. It doesnt matter how old the car is, just how its been used and looked after. I would much prefer a well looked after 2000 model than a 2002 that hasnt had an oil change for 20k.

completely agree...thanks guys :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Shouldn't be to hard finding a nice low mileage S15 in Japan even though it's pre-2001 model. It could take a while longer to find the right one. And when you find one don't expect it to come cheap. about 1 800 000 JPY seems to be a fair price for a nice low mileage example (I'm talking lower than 4-50000km). And with all the import fees and VAT, you'll be paying alot of money. probobly more than a S15 is worth in the UK nowadays.

But if you plan on keeping it for an extended period of time i say go for it :)

M

Manny

Shouldn't be to hard finding a nice low mileage S15 in Japan even though it's pre-2001 model. It could take a while longer to find the right one. And when you find one don't expect it to come cheap. about 1 800 000 JPY seems to be a fair price for a nice low mileage example (I'm talking lower than 4-50000km). And with all the import fees and VAT, you'll be paying alot of money. probobly more than a S15 is worth in the UK nowadays.

But if you plan on keeping it for an extended period of time i say go for it :)
well im gona get hold of a couple of places namely SVA Imports and one other (cant remember the name of it atm) and they say on their sites that i just need to give the the details of what i want like mileage, year, model etc and they will find it and import it for me...so im gona head down that route i rekon..

and yer the plan is to literally keep the S15 till its a rust bucket and the block drops through lol...

im after a stock S15 which i think is more of a problem as they are tuner/Drifter favorites lol...my plan is to get me a nice well looked after S15 Spec R Aero and get it looking as close to the Swift Springs S15 as possible...i alredy sourced up a place that sells the Wise Square kit and the Daytona Wheels....now i just need the car! lol :nod:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
mine will likely be up for sale soon, the bodywork is a blank canvas - pretty much as factory, but its not exactly standard......

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
looked for a shameless plug smiley but couldnt find one lol

M

Manny

looked for a shameless plug smiley but couldnt find one lol

Dean VERY nice S15...looks extrememly well looked after especially under the hood...do like ur numberplate too :thumbs: lol buying urs wud actually save me the hassle of engine work lol but i like 'em stock wen i get 'em lol

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thats fair enough mate, i did exactly the same:thumbs: that way at least you know evrything is done properly:nod:

T

tmus

thanks for all the replies, thats a nice bay, are you really thinking of selling?

if so how much roughly? so to get an idea of when i look for one.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i've put the ad up - i'm looking for 12.5k ono but this isnt the average s15.....:)