What's new

Cayman Islands Spec-R

P

pyro3113

Hi All,

My name's Peter, I live in the Cayman Islands and after losing my Altezza to a car crash (not my fault) I've recently procured a '99 S15 Spec-R from Japan. So far it has yet to chip from Japan so I'm still awaiting it's arrival which I anticipate will be some time early August or hopefully late July. Here's a few pics of the car at the dealer's office in Japan. They installed a red recaro for me for free because the first car I asked for had one and they couldn't get it for me so they got me this one instead:

Looking to change the kit, rims, taillights, get a FMIC, greddy BOV, greddy ebc, and a bunch more stuff if I start listing I'm going to start spending money lol One other thing I'm not sure about is the gauges in the AC vents... Anybody got any comments on that? I may just see how it goes when it gets here...

V

vti_coupw

sweet bus man, its very similar to the one simon on ere has for sale, mint car buddy well ware, nice touches getting the gauges and the recaro, saves you the money lol

Reaction score
ha, i was just going to say it's a bit like mine alright, apart from the bumper and lights. the gauges look well in there but you're probably more reliant on your a/c than we are!
get the dealer to post you over that gearknob if you plan on keeping it though!
what part of the cayman islands are you from? i have some relatives living there

P

pyro3113

thanks guys. yea the AC definitely comes in handy over here in the 90+ degree weather lol however i presume that since the vents in the centre are blocked off the two vents on either side are going to be blowing like a $20 prostitute so i may be ok... if it becomes a real problem just dump the gauges in some pods on the dash and get replacement vents. no biggie. there's a wrecked spec-s with the OEM taillights on island so i'll be negotiating with the owner for them as soon as the car gets here no doubt.

simon - i live in the district of West Bay in Grand Cayman. what do your relatives do round here? very possible i might know them as the island is pretty small lol

what's cool too is the car's coming with wide front fenders although she might need some tlc from a body man that would have been a planned upgrade for me so cool to have it done already!

P

pyro3113

hey guys me again... i haven't been posting much just lurking but I figured I'd give a slight update. the car has landed (minus shift knob, stereo, rear speakers plus the batt was dead and she was out of gas) but I'm pleased to say I'm very happy with the car so far! I've been tight for cash lately so haven't done much but so far i've done a battery relocation, FMIC install, wired up my gauges as there was a problem when I got the car, fitted a stereo and wired up an HKS EVC4 as it seems the car had one installed previously but the solenoid was the only thing left luckily a buddy of mine had a controller lying around. 1bar! :-D

File hosting site is giving some problems right now but i'll try get some pics up later.

spot of bad news as well... my front bumper was cracked when it got here and one thing led to another and well... let's just say it looks as though she's gotten a broken jaw...