What's new

My problem part II

M

Melanie 1

Hi again, After uncovering my car on a lovely sunny day recently I thought I would go out for a spin in the country with the wind blowing in my face, only to discover that while she had been parked up for the winter the rear n/s window had decided it did not want to work. After changing fuses, relays etc the back panel was taken off then it was realised that the mechanism and motor are faulty. It looks like someone in the past has had a go at 'fixing it!' Is there anyone who knows how to find a part number, anyone encountered the same problem or is there a bright spark out there that knows of any othere vehicle that has the same mechanism? Mel

Reaction score
hi i had a similar problem a year ago, youll need to take the doorcard off and read the partnumber off the window motor itself, there are 3 different types if i remember correctly. I have a spare passanger side here just check your part number and post it up

M

Melanie 1

What a fast response!

Sorry for the 'being a woman sydrome' but do I take it if I take the door card off it will give me the information for both front and rear windows? There is nothing inside or on the rear one. How did you resolve yours?

Reaction score
Country
Its a Varietta ? Im guessing these have power windows as they are convertibles ?

M

Melanie 1

You obviously know what you are talking about. It was when I tried to put the roof down found out that the back window was not working. You probably know the windows have to go down before the roof comes off.

Really sorry for being the dumb female, sorry if I am not explaining myself very well

Reaction score
Country
Thats ok, the Varietta is very rare so most people will always assume you mean the standard coupe model.

Someone could try looking up on Nissan's FAST system for you for a part number if you have a chassis number ? I would but im at work and wont be home for some time.

Once you have a part number get a quote from your local Nissan garage and if its extortionate then email the people at http://www.perfectrun.com.au/ as they come highly reccomended (by myself as well) and can save you a fair amount.

Reaction score
i no long have fast installed or i'd pull ya a number. someone will have it though. :)

Dazz'.

M

Melanie 1

Thank you. Did not know this part finding was so technical, and there is me thinking that "Nissan Fast" was something you get at a main dealer! I must admit I never thought a main dealer could help. So how do I get onto Nissan Fast. Any offers of instruction! I have the chassis number. Ever felt you were making a complete idiot of yourself (no dont answer that!)

Reaction score
nissan fast is something they have at the dealer.... but, they're pretty pants and usually won't go searching..... cause most don't have the import list and only like to search no number plate.

i think it's hosted on here somewhere, but not sure if you need to be a contributing member to download it.

Reaction score
Just installed Fast for ya.....

right

Motor/gear assy : 83731-92F00-

Regulator, quarter window LHside : 83721-92F00- (appears to be the bit that "sissors")

Without knowing exactly which bits you need it's not easy to work out what it is you're after, but these are what i would guess they are.

M

Melanie 1

Hi there,

Have been off line for the past week and a bit due to major decorating! Car still sitting down side of house. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble of finding part number. Its the whole mechanism and motor that is needed the whole triangle including the sissor bit.

Do any of you guys meet up? Looked on events the other week and could not find anything?

Ill have a go with this part number and will let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Mel

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
Hi mel.
For more meets and events you should go to www.sxoc.co.uk as this is the larger owners club. Pretty much everyone on here is also on sxoc and frequent both sites although it include S13,S14/A,S15 and many other car owners aswell. just as friendly as here and lots of help available for problems.