What's new

Helloooo! :o)

J

Jono

Hello everyone, newbie here! :wave:

Well, I haven't actually got my S15 yet - I take delivery over Easter weekend but I'm so chuffed I thought I'd get on the board with you guys straight away!

It's a bit of a funny meeting really between me and the S15. I was at Torque imports this weekend with my missus, checking out an R34GTT for her... when we were browsing around the showroom I stumbled across a silver S15 there. I'd never seen one in the flesh, only some pics in Banzai but oh my! It was love at first sight! I had to have it!!! :rolleyes:

So it's a Skyline for her and a Sylvia for him. Magic! (Now I've just got to shift my Clio 172 QUICK, to finance this japanese lovely!) :cool:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hello and welcome :wave:

I thought about buying that car, looks good and is mostly standard. One thing, get rid of the hanging fog light :nod:

Enjoy :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome :wave:

Bit unusual to get a Skyline for the missus and an S15 for you... :p Though, I'd prefer the S15 :nod:

Say hello to Mike and Tristan. Got mine from them. :)

J

Jono

Cheers guys - and thanks for the various sticky's for buyers on this site - spent a few hours reading up last night and it really helped me to make up my mind.

Mike and Tristan are great - They're looking after us well! I'll say hi for you bud no worries.

Topper, I hadn't even seen the hanging foglight! Thanks for pointing it out and consider it GONE! :p

Do I have to have a rear foglight for MOT though? :confused:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
As is mine, Get a red LED in it, no need to paint it then :thumbs:

Good to hear some people look at the sticky's - They are there to help people :wave:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome mate its nice to know ppl know about our forum now and knwo to read about the car b4 buying it :thumbs:

J

Jono

Just spoke to Mike - he's got my deposit! :D And he says "Hi, Nicely!" :wave:

He's adjusting the fog-light as you've so rightly suggested.

Can you guys recommend anywhere near to Banbury where I can take it for a Cambelt change? Somewhere with some experience??? It's got 50k on the clock so I reckon it's due!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
^^^ :nod: Its a chain. You want to find yourself a good independent tuner that charges about ?35-40ph. Steer clear of Nissan for the servicing. Places that have serviced S14s should be fine.

The measure of a reasonably Nissan dealer is going into the service and parts departments and asking if they know what an S15 is. Not Silvia - S15. If they haven't got a clue, your Nissan dealer experience is not going to be good... I use the dealer in Basingstoke for parts. The guy supplies quite a few Skyline owners and knows exactly what an S15 is. He has my chassis number pinned the notice board... :p

You might want to download the Nissan FAST parts program. This will help you out quite a bit if you need to order parts.

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Hello Welcome to our club :wave:

i saw that one when i was at torque and was thinking of buying it,
however health reasons stopped me at the time.

kimi x

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
mines going into nissan tom nicely as its not boosting right and i think somethign is leaking again :eek: thing is i dont wanna take it far and dont knwo anywhere that does S15 plus ive thaken it there b4 so should be ok i guess if they F..K it up i will get them to sort it out hehe

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Problem is, that would be a ?60+ph fook-up. :( Ask around on SXOC where the M.K. S14 owners take their cars... The only reason I'd go to Nissan is if it was something which needed them to access Consult. Even then, I have a basic Consult I can use to access and reset error codes, etc.

I always give the servicing garage the service manual on CD. If they're unsure, they can just check it. :)

J

Jono

Ohh dear - I thought I'd been doing really well hiding my stupidity up until this point :rolleyes:

Ok - So that means I don't need a cambelt change, but presumably I need a cam-chain change??

Sorry to be dim :(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not at all, mate. That's what the forum is here for. Some of the dealers could do with spending time on S14/15 forums too, as they are frequently advising S14 owners that the cam belt needs changing. :rolleyes:

The cam chain should last the life of the engine. It will certainly see out 100k+ miles and is still going strong on some 150k mile SR20DETs. Erring on the side of caution, you could think about changing it after 100k.

J

Jono

So actually, all I really need to do when I get it is make sure it's serviced???

:D All the more spare cash for some nice mods!

J

Jono

Nicely, would you say that buying an S15 is a bit like making love to a beautiful woman? ;)