What's new

Greeting from the U.S.A.

T

Technomechanica

Greetings Everyone,

I would like introduce myself. My name is Alex and I am the owner of Technomechanica Performance Engineering. It is a small engineering and manufacturing firm in Maryland specializing in racing components for Mitsubishi and Nissan. Recently, my shop Evo was destroyed by thieves and claimed a total loss by my insurance company. The payout I received, allowed me to replace my beloved Evo with a lovely 2000 Silvia S15 Spec R. It was purchased from a nice import enthusiast couple in Virginia in truly outstanding condition. After many weeks of dealing with the legality issues of the car, I was finally able to register and title her in my home state. She has proven to be a capable little platform that will be my new test bed for new parts development. It is a pleasure to be a member of this club and I look forward to talking to and learning from you all. I will add a couple of pictures of the Silvia as well as my Evo (R.I.P.) as soon as I am given the option.

With Respect,

--Alex

T

Technomechanica

Thank you guys very much for the greetings. Since an S15 Silvia is extremely rare in the states, most people confuse it for a European market Mercedes or BMW of some sort. Those who know however, are blown away that the car is even in the states let alone being driven. It makes for lots of questions. Anyways,this will be my first attempt to add a few pictures of the Silvia and my dearly departed Evo. I do hope this works.

--Alex

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Both cars look very nice.

I am sure that your story on how to get S15's into the states will be very valuable to a few people on here. There has been a few queries of late on how this can be done.

T

Technomechanica

I was rather lucky in that the car was already in the country, but titled in a different state. The difficulty lay in getting the car inspected, registered, titled, and insured in my state. That required a serious bit of research and paperwork to accomplish. How it was done is usually the first question I'm asked by most but unfortunately, it is the one question I cannot answer. I apologize in advance to those who are curious. I will post more pictures of the car as I go along adding more parts to her.

-- Alex

T

Technomechanica

Thank you guys for the positive comments. The car does have quite a bit of camber when the air cups are set at full low. The car has the full Roberuta cup kit installed which helps it over speed bumps and entering steep driveways. Strangely enough, the car drives quite well on it's lowest setting although I can't drive it too fast without rubbing.

-- Alex