What's new

Hello All :)

E

e_dale2000

Hi there,

ive been looking for a change of car, i currently have a 2001 celica 190 but am looking to change to a S15.

Ive loved them for ages but have been progressively working up the scale. I looked at the 200sx before i purchased a celica but i prefer the S15s styling :p though the S14a is evil when its comming in your rear view

Ive been reading through the posts on importing and looking at various websites and they are all very helpful theres alot of information to take in glad works quiet ;)

At the moment i have to say i realy like pewter grey and have a strange urge for a white one lol. Ive been looking at the Spec R's and hopefully i can get myself one with the aero kit on it.

One question i havent seen answered is, should i be warey of any part modified ones that are being imported, if its possible to find one thats not been played with...

I know fast and furious are a bit of a curse word but i have a quick question about the S15 in tokyo drift. At the end of the movie what is the body kit on the S15? Google doesnt seem to be my friend with the answer and everytime i look for a fast and furious s15 or silvia i just get the blue and orange one.

Thanks for any help and i hope to see you all at a meet in the future :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
welcome along :D get the cash and buy that s15 till ya see how much fun life is :D
as for the kit on the car correct me if im wrong but is it not a c-west kit ??

Reaction score
WTTC dude! All i can say is, an S15 really is a good choice so best of luck to you :thumbs:

While your looking, do as much research as you can. Find out as much as you can about the car, and decide whether you want to get a fresh import, or buy one already imported, i know there are a few going at the moment for reasonable prices due to the current climate, so it might be an idea to just take a look and see whats around.

The fact you like Pewter and Pearl White 15's doesn't surprise me, as both colours are BY FAR the most common, don't get me wrong, thats not a bad thing, as personally, Pewter would be my first colour as well, don't let this put you off! Also, the Aero option is definitely a good thing if you can get it, although if you are planning on an bodykit, its probably not worth paying the extra.

The answer to your question is really depending on how much you are willing to pay, and how long you are willing to wait for one to come along.
Unfortunately, most JDM spec S15's have been damage repaired, so finding a mint one can be very tricky depending on how fussy you are. Typically, ones which have already been heavily modded you will usually find have been crash repaired at some point, these are the ones you want to avoid.

All you need to decide is, whether you want one which already has a fair amount of mods attached, and save money in the long run, or whether you want to work from pretty much stock, and get it exactly how you want it and pay more in the long run but get a better car.

Decisions decisions ;)

The S15 from the end of Tokyo Drift has a Besiege Wise Square (Now called Behrman) D1 Spec Bodykit on it, this was a topic i investigated myself :D There isn't any information on it at all really on the internet.

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=3271&highlight=wise+square&page=2
Manufacturers Website: http://www.behrman.jp/b_gt/a_s15_d1.php
http://www.azines.com/linked_cars.asp?pid=52

Mark

E

e_dale2000

Thanks for the replies, yeh i thought the C-west was the blue and orange S15 :p

Mark thats the beast ive been looking for theres barely any reference to it on the net think ive got a thing for bit of carbon fibre hehehe. Time to druel for a while :)

Ive been researching as much as i can, my brains tired not that it takes much, Think Pewters the colour for me, doesnt surprise me as my celicas in thunder grey.

How hard are they to find with a sunroof? ive seen one on pistonheads in black with a sunroof and im guessing there pretty rare...

I can see the advantage of getting some mods already on it turbo timers etc can be handy and saves me paying or wrecking my brain to work out home to install one. Plus im only gonna go out and buy an exhaust and filter to start with anyway so if the basics are there it'll save me some cash. I realy dont get why the japs feel the need to change the gear knob and steering wheels.

Ive seen some cars for sale in the UK already imported and preowned some buy users of this forum. i just cant decide theres too much choice.

How hard is trying to import one yourself? what sort of costs would i be looking at to put it through all the tests to get it on the road over in the UK? and is it worth the hassel ?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
truthfully id love to import but the risk drives me away,least at home ya can grab a mechanic and say check it out :D
when i was lookin into importing one to ireland it was actually cheaper to buy at home vrt tax and tax on this that and everything was costin a bomb.
and that was without shippin and buyers fees.
otherwise if you get in contact with a good importer beside you tell him your budget and get him to research least if the car arrives not to spec its on his shoulders to sort it ;)

Reaction score
No worries matey, I've spent hours on here and it's great to be able to pass the knowledge on :D

Aye, that Wise Square body kit that you asked about does make the S15 look like a bit of a beast i have to admit, one of my original questions on here was about that kit and i did loads of searching on Google just to find out what kit it was!

About the Sunroof. As far as i know a sunroof on an S15 is a reasonably rare option, it's not major rare, although it's definitely not a common option you usually find on the S15's, although i have no doubt that if you are prepared to wait, one will definitely come along eventually. One thing to note about the sunroofs, is if you are tall, i believe they take up valuable headroom (a good couple of inches).

Theres loads of information on here about where to look etc, but a great place to start (not sure whether you've seen it) would be www.torque-gt.co.uk i know they have 2 S15's in at the moment both with sunroofs, one Black one (probably the one you saw on PH) and a Pearl one with a fair few mods, both well priced, straight from Japan so you'll be the first UK owner and i know theres alot of good feedback about Torque, so you'll be in good hands.

Chances are, unless you go out of your way to find a Stock one (Proper stock) then the Exhaust, Air Filter and Suspension will already have been changed, i've rarely seen an S15 for sale which hasn't had those basic mods already done to it, and i'm sure that if you look, it'll be easy to find one with those mods already done to it (Probably a few more extras) without much hassle at all.

If you decide to take the importing route, a good place to start would probably be to give some companies a ring and see what they can offer you, i really wouldn't personally import a car. If you give Torque a ring, or ProDriftUK (I know both come very well recommended) they will give you an idea of what is involved, what the costs are. All you would need is to tell them what you are looking for and they would find suitable cars in Japan themselves and do all the running around for you... at least thats how i understand it :thumbs: Best bet is to have a really thorough read of the importing section yourself and it'll explain itself alot better than i can, that'll tell you all the things which need to be passed for it to be UK road legal, and if you fancy giving it a shot, as i said above, make a few calls and see what different companies are offering. (When checking companies, make sure they are BIMTA registered: http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=370)

"and is it worth the hassle?" I'm sure other people will be able to answer this question alot better than myself, as i am not actually an owner yet. All i will say is, i expect it to be worth it, and i really do hope it is worth it :thumbs:

Bit of an essay, hope it helps!

Mark