What's new

Just saying hello

G

Guy Incognito

Hi, just joined the forum. Thought I'd say hello. Have been reading through the posts and found them all very informative. For the last three years I've had an Impreza P1, before that a Honda Accord Type R. Now though I am really after some rwd fun. After reading an article in Jap Performance mag a few months ago I reckon the Spec R is the car for me. So any advice on buying one would be much appreciated. Thanks

Graham. :thumbs:

:wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Welcome. :wave:

All depends on if you intend to get one direct from an importer, or try to get one already over here.

Read this thread.

Mechanically, you sould be looking for the same stuff as was listed for the S14 in that article. Model-wise, it can be very temping to import one with loads of mods already in place. Our advice is to avoid this. You will have no proper record of exactly what's been done, no guarantee that it was done right, plus you have to trust that all those mods are taken off and put back on again correctly for the ESVA test. Stick to standard, or just an exhaust filter and alloys. Take my word for it on this. A few of us have had bad experiences. My first S15 had so many problems, it went back.

Try to get a Spec R Aero, with optional front Aero bumper and HIDs.

Reaction score
:wave:
I agree with nicely!
My first one was perfect, got it from car imports direct in bristol, had no mods apart from factory extras, paid a hell of alot for it thou!
My current one came with coilovers wit hadn't been put on properly, subsequently the coilovers died after a month and had to get new ones.
Get warrenty wit it!
And get it before June'06, fast and furious 3 is out, ive got a feeling every chav wit rich parents is gunna try and get one, just like skylines after 2F2F! Just a tought...