What's new

New from the States

R

ramman434

Hey guys, my name's Richard. I own a '98 Nissan 240sx (S14a). One of my buddies here in Nashville,Tennessee owns a S15 Spec R and he referred me to the site. Obviously I love the S-chassis and hope that I can contribute on here.

My S14 only has a Blitz Nur Spec R cat-back since I'm a poor college student with no money, lol. I got bored over the summer and picked up some LED tails and blacked out my front end. I've owned it for over 2 years and am just now piecing together my 5spd. swap (yeah it's an auto...)

On to pics:

Thanks for looking!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
welcome to the club mate. nice clean car you have there. undoubtedly will be much better once you put a real gearbox in it. ;)

nice sized garage you have there to work on it too...im jealous!! over here the garages are built for toy cars and you have a hard time getting a car in it, let alone anything else......

its a little slow round here as there arent a hell of a lot of members compared with other forums, but they are a nice bunch and they'll be along soon to say hello no doubt. :thumbs:

R

ramman434

Thanks man. When I'm home from school I always end up having to move the parent's cars out of the garage to get any work done, lol.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
welcome :wave:
Nice looking S14a you've got there. Never seen those front lights before. Are they modded stock ones or aftermarket?
Looks good nevertheless :thumbs:

Get some lowering springs and a nice set of racing style wheels for it :thumbs:

R

ramman434

Thanks for the welcomes guys.
As for after the 5spd. swap, I'll probably go the cheap route and turbo the KA24DE motor that's in there. They may not rev as high as the SR, but they make a damn good amount of torque when turboed (it's a 2.4L), and it's far cheaper for me to build since I don't have to buy an all new engine.

As far as springs and wheels, all in good time lol. I'm plan to do it right w/some nice coilovers and wheels when I have the money.

Yakozan, I explained at the top of my into that I got bored over the summer and pulled the headlights apart and blacked them out myself. They were originally chrome like all other Koukis. No worries though, :)

Last edited:
R

ramman434

I just thought I would add a couple of pictures for you guys that involve another car that you're a little more used to...;)

This is my buddy's S15. It was originally a silver Spec R, but the previous owner in Japan had it painted a dark green, almost the exact color of mine (Cobalt Green Pearl). However, he had the paint code looked up and it happens to be a Skyline paint color, although we're not sure which year.
He got hit by a deer last summer, so recently the windshield has been replaced by a Lexan one meant for a '93 Chevy Camaro (cut down to fit of course, lol) and that's also why you see the unpainted mirror on the pass. side and the different front bumper which is painted a flat color. Mods are just a full Nismo downpipe and exhaust, Tein coilovers, and Volk TE37s (which are going to be refinished soon).

Some reflected light on our projectors...

You may recognize his car, he's on here somewheres.

Reaction score
Country
i would like to hear more about the camero windshield. what modifications were required to make it fit? there was someone else on here from california that was looking for a windshield... this might be of interest to him!

Reaction score
WTTC fella!!

Lovely looking 14a there, top marks! :thumbs:

My S14 only has a Blitz Nur Spec R cat-back since I'm a poor college student with no money, lol. I got bored over the summer and picked up some LED tails and blacked out my front end. I've owned it for over 2 years and am just now piecing together my 5spd. swap (yeah it's an auto...)
Think yourself lucky man!! An S14a is better than nothing compared to what some of us get over here in the UK... (Or what we don't get) - Insurance just doesn't allow it until you are about 80 over here (Actually.. depending on what you want, roughly 21 for something good, but it feels like 80 lol)

As i said WTTC look forward to seeing some more pics :thumbs:

Mark

R

ramman434

The Camaro Windshield:

My buddy Alex had been having trouble finding a windshield when a deer hit him. After searching for awhile he had a company in California ship one in from Japan, but when the box was opened it was shattered.
So he began looking at Lexan windshields and no one carried one for the S15. After being requested by a distributor to measure the windshield they discovered that a windshield for a '93 Camaro fit almost perfectly.
They shipped a Lexan windshield for a Camaro to Alex and he cut it down just enough to make it fit. So now he has a windshield for a Camaro that fits almost perfectly. The company in California that had a shattered windshield has since then gotten a few others that are intact and I believe they are trying to find more parts for the S15 for U.S. owners